Week 12 {365}






Did you know...
that even in these woods (in March in Iowa) baren of any vegetation one can contract a pretty decent case of poison ivy? And that using said woods as a bathroom only makes it spread to private boy parts?
Photobucket

Did you know...
that if you search long and hard enough you might just unveil a beautiful bumper from the woods? And with a little elbow grease it could be turned into a spectacular bathroom for your fort? (There is no end to a child's imagination.)
Photobucket

Did you know...
that making a fool out of yourself for just a short while makes you a best friend for a day? (And yes, I used my son's elbow and knee pads- I'm not that big of a fool.)
Photobucket

Did you know...
that you should just relax? ... because when you least expect it you realize that you have a child after your own heart after all.
Photobucket

Did you know...
that children will actually fight and argue over who gets to shred the paper next? Who knew it would be such a coveted pastime?
Photobucket

Did you know...
that there is no activity a child will pass on if it involves messes, particularly the kind that are hard to wash out?
Photobucket

Did you know...
that these are the pants that inspired the comment, "I'm sorry I was staring, but I was just checkin' out your butt" from the girl in line behind me (at Panchero's)?
Photobucket

Photobucket

Did you know?
that even in a week of planned nothingness unexpected twists and turns find you?

You had better brace yourself...surprises are lying in wait! (I love it!!)

6 comments

  1. In the girl's defense. Those pants are very cute and so is your butt!!!! Just sayin. Cute pics and fun stuff!! Your hair always looks flawless! It makes me upset!! j/k

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna, that's just because you don't get the opportunity to see me crawl out of bed in the morning. Or after watching 5 episodes of Community with Haldan- like right now (deliriously tired). Fell asleep on the couch through the last one. I'm never catching up on my DVRed programs. I surrender.

    Don't be upset. I have many flaws. And you looked super hot in your last facebook pics. I think I said Marilyn Monroe-esk, if that's a word. Embrace your strengths... you have many.

    And my theory is that any butt can look great in the right jeans... a possible blog post in the making.

    Any Easter plans?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Has anyone ever told you that you look like a beauty pageant contestant? The perfect hair, teeth, skin. Hmmmm, you're approaching that abnoxious perfection that will bar us from being friends...careful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whatever!! You need to check me out in person first before you pass those sort of judgments. I could say the same about you, especially in that last photo with the dress. Oh, and the fact that I'm 60 inches tall, sure to be a disqualifier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw thanks Lish. I do look pretty good in my pics. :)That is not an accident as the bad ones get deleted. :) You have always been very stylish and put together . And I've been envious of it since I was 5. I think you were the first person to really put makeup on me, and style my hair like Cindy Crawford because I wanted to look like you haha. But I never feel fully put together or perfectly styled. My hair is always a little disheveled. Perhaps that will be my next project. Loving myself disheveled and all. And yes Marilyn Monroe-esque ?? is a word. I get that compliment sometimes and I never tire of it! I am in serious need of some good jeans. It takes so much time, energy, and money to do so though. My plans for Easter are to go down to my parents on Saturday (Lauren and fam will be there), but then spend Sunday with Jason's family. We owe them a holiday. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this post! :) Hope lil' man is better!!!

    ReplyDelete