Guest Blogger, Awards, and a Clue

There will be no Tasty Tuesday post this week in lieu of recent events (aka our spontaneous road trip). Plus, my laptop is possessed and is acting extra strange tonight. I'm tired and my patience is shot.

But I'm making a meme out of this, so you are welcome to play along. I'll have a linky next week. For today make sure to go check out Gigi at Kludgymom for a great salsa recipe and Mis at Miel et Lait for some tasty hummus.

Have you figured out where I am yet?

Here's one last clue:

Today we hiked 7 miles to the top of the 7600 foot Harney Peak (highest point east of the Rocky Mtns) with breathtaking views of the Black Hills and the Badlands. Shortly after our ascension my daughter announced that I am the worst hiker in her generation. It may or may not have had something to do with a bug. Btw, she's 8 so if she's clumping me in her generation it's got to be a compliment, right? I must admit I was feeling pretty old come those last 100 or so steep steps to the top. But it was so worth it!

Guest Blogger

I was asked to do a guest post over at the Butler Way today. Paul and Kerry are a very inspirational couple who know who they are. Kerry is a complete weight loss success story. I met them through SITS and I'm honored that they thought of me.

I decided to share a little bit more about who I am and what has shaped me. The write up is entitled, "Stuck"... It gives a little more insight into the motive behind our many trips. (I'm never one to pass up on an adventure should the opportunity present itself.)

If you've ever felt stuck before or want to learn more about the "stuck" I'm currently in, pop over and check it out.

Awards

I've also been given a couple more awards which I'm so grateful for. Make sure to check out these great blogs. Thanks ladies. I've added them to the trophy case.


Trish @ A Dream House for Trish Versatile Blogger Award



Tennessee Mom @ Days on the Creek Trendy Blogger Award

I'm skipping the lists tonight, but I have plenty of previous vain lists. You can read more about me here.

Stay tuned for photos from our trip...

17 comments

  1. Congrats on the well-deserved awards and I can't wait to hear where you are.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for writing such a great post for us!! Love it!!

    LOL at your daughter! she is hilarious!

    Congrats on the award!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are enjoying your vacay!!! Congrats on the awards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i hope you all are having a blast on your impromptu trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you're having a fun impromptu trip! Can't wait to hear where you're at!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopping over to Paul & Kerry's...I guest posted there a week or two ago becaue they're fantastic!

    Can't wait to see pics from your trip...and congrats on your awards :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for trips, I'm on one too! And yay for awards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your awards! Hope you are enjoying yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am too tired thinking about a 7 mile hike to be able to use my brain enough to guess where you are. I'm worn out from sitting by the pool (lounging and toting a child are harder than it would seem)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally deserved awards for a very cool blog! And I suck at hints;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your guest post was wonderfully written! I learned so much about you. While I don't feel stuck the same way you do, take comfort in knowing that I'm stuck too. Sometimes, you need to be really stuck to know how to wiggle out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your awards! I'll head on over to read your guest post soon. Sounds like you're having a great time. Can't wait to hear about it when you get back. Take care Lish.

    Kristi, Live and Love...Out Loud
    @TweetingMama

    ReplyDelete
  14. The last minute trips are always the best!

    ReplyDelete
  15. First, congratulations on your awards...they are well deserved. As for your guest post "Stuck"...I can totally relate to you. I couldn't have written it any better myself. I'm stuck in this backwards place called Tampa and I don't see any way out of it. Girl, we have a lot to talk about!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love getting out and hiking! It's been too long since I have! And yes, I would take that as a compliment!

    ReplyDelete