DAY 354

Photobucket

“Insane people are always sure that they are fine. It is only the sane people who are willing to admit that they are crazy.” -Nora Ephron

Crazed is how I felt from the second I woke up today. Haldan will concur. We totally woke up late and that's when it dawned on me that it was the Sunday before Christmas. Where are the days going? Anyhow, we had very minimal time and we had to do our annual photo shoot. I had bought new clothes for the kids and everything. Unfortunately I never did find a red sweater vest in Little Man's size. I was happy to find pants that fit that little guy, but they did not come cheap. (He either has to have adjustable or slim, preferably both, and for some reason slacks for boys are always in regular or husky.) I, on the other hand, had nothing new to wear and was not going to wear my same plaid wool skirt I've worn for like the 3rd year in a row, so had to improvise. The photo is always taken with a timer and never looks great.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I took enough photos today for the next week and then some. But as you know that's not how Project 365 works. Hopefully I'm not too busy to come up with some this week. I wanted to capture Pokey's beautiful skirt (which I managed to get like 50% off at Children's Place) and the new snow covering outdoors. She was a real trooper; such a beautiful girl.

We were totally late to church. When we arrived there was a fine dusting of snow on the ground. I got out of the car in my black church boots and about broke my neck on the layer of ice in the parking lot. I couldn't get footing and I held onto the door and flailed about while my family stood by laughing hysterically. After several minutes Haldan took pity on me and came to my rescue. He said I looked like Bambi on the ice with Thumper. Glad they got some laughs at my expense. Being a woman definitely has it's challenges. The following photo was taken just after church. There was a thicker layer of snow by then and walking to the car was a little easier, but still tricky. Here's documentation of the weather conditions... fishing for some empathy votes maybe.

Photobucket

1 comment

  1. hahaha. The story was made funnier by the bambi comment because now I can really visualize it. I really love that picture of Camille on the very right and yes it's a beautiful skirt. I'm really wishing I had a good camera right now because I've been trying to get good pictures of our Christmas tree with no luck. I really want to get some good Christmas pictures of Cohen too. The family pictures is beautiful and you look like a picture perfect family. :)

    ReplyDelete