DAY 364

Photobucket

"Don't be afraid to see what you see." Ronald Reagan

Love this quote! To some it may seem just an ordinary, old barn. To me it is so much more; a picturesque setting in the countryside nestled between some old trees, glistening with a dusting of light snow. The beauty is all around us. We have to be willing to open our eyes and see it. I guess that is the message that I would most like to get out; the one that I hope will inspire you to take action and jump on board and start photographing the things that lift and inspire you. Whether it is a child, your favorite restaurant, or an ocean view... inspiration is endless and strikes each individual differently in that moment. That's the beauty of photography.

It has been an exceptionally challenging journey for me and has stretched me in many different ways, but has also brought me so much joy and fulfillment as well. It has helped me see the world in a new and exciting light. As I look back over the course of the year, I am so happy that I have been able to document so many moments in our lives with daily photos. It is a story told from my perspective through the lens of my camera. A story put to pictures in an album I will forever treasure.

For those of you who have voiced sadness for the end of my project 365, I leave you this message: I am not going anywhere. I may not be sharing daily photos in 2010, but I will continue to follow my passion and love for photography and will continue to share those things that most inspire me. I have decided to continue P365, but will execute it with a less time demanding approach. I am not going to be so hard on myself if I miss a day and might record in weeks or months rather than days. Flexibility will be the adjective of choice this next year.

I want to send out a thank you to all of my loyal followers in 2009. I had my many moments of doubt and I could never have finished were it not for your cheering me along. Some were silent followers while others left almost daily comments and encouraging words. I have met many talented individuals in the process and have made so many friends all across the country. Thank you for helping me see it through. Good luck in all your future endeavors.

4 comments

  1. As long as you don't quit totally, I'm happy. I think it'd be hard to do it everyday. I can only post something when I feel strongly enough something to write about it. So it'd be hard to force it sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good job finishing it out!! i bet your book is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I never would have made it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet your book will be amazing too! :)

    ReplyDelete