Egg Salad

Here's a new twist on an old favorite. I found it in the Martha Stewart Everyday Food Book. I got the subscription for Christmas. I actually got 2, so should be well fed for 2 years. This time of year I generally like to go light, but for some reason the last 2 or 3 weeks I haven't had much of an appetite. I've actually been eating lots of hummus (mostly because it's one of 3 things I've been craving). I just got all the ingredients to make my own. I'll have to let you know how that goes. The egg salad recipe sounded good, so I had to act on it.

Photobucket

I actually kept the egg yolks as well, but by leaving them out it would make it a healthier sandwich. I chose pumpernickel bread over wholegrain. You could also opt for light sour cream if desired. The Dijon is not for everyone. Tweak it to your liking.

4 comments

  1. oh my gosh....that sounds and looks flippin delicious!! can't wait to try it, did you like it? going to share this one on my blog too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow you even got the arugula to put on it!!! I don't know if I ever follow a recipe 100% 'cause I hate running out to get ingredients I don't have. I often just take the general idea and use what I have. It works sometimes...and sometimes it doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, I'll have to try this. I just made myself an egg salad sandwich the other day and was thinking how bland it was. I love avocados, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just browsing through some of your recipes - this sounds fabulous!

    ReplyDelete