Week 11 {365} continued

Photobucket

I posted late last night and forgot to add this. Oops. Nothing too exciting to report, which is probably a good thing. Mostly same old same old.

I did want to say Happy Spring... and I'm glad I waited. Yesterday I was a little angry waking up to snow and all and could think of nothing but nasty things to say about it, but it has since all melted and it feels wonderful outside. We might just have a great spring break after all. I'll take 50s and sunny any day. My kids have no idea what's in store for them... they think they are going to play all week. (Insert evil laugh now.) Ok, I'm mostly kidding. But we will do some work against their wishes. It's rough being a kid.

I also wanted to mention a few random thoughts by my kids before I forget them because they do say the darndest things. You know how it goes. They say something that catches you totally off guard and you think you'll never forget it and a couple days later- gone. So, this is for documentation sake to let my mind off the hook.

Pokey (age 8 1/2)

"Oh, I'm sorry. I was just daydreaming about kissing." (after not responding to my prompts)

"You know I've already kissed a boy." (discussing above thought)

"I'm good at eating." (while discussing things we're good at)

"Oh no, you did not just say that" (with as much attitude as an 8 yr old can muster & a head wiggle to boot)

"You guys have been divorced before?" (when discussing 11th wedding anniversary)

Little Man (age 10 1/2)

"I came out of your butt." (referring to childbirth?)

"You guys are gangers and should have penalty points." (referring to negotiating pigs)

"I have many enemies." (reason given for pricing binoculars)


I haven't heard any of your spring break plans yet. I was thinking about doing a day trip with the kids somewhere- possibly Omaha Zoo, but it appears it may actually be colder there next week. What are you doing? Any grand ideas no more than 4-5 hours from Cedar Rapids, IA?

3 comments

  1. daydreaming about kissing- hilarious!!! But I think my favorite is "I have many enemies" lololol!!!!! It's really good that you write these things down. They will cherish them later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures you have been taking. You look really good! So what is up with your Utah house. We just got an offer, but the bank has not approved the shortsale yet so who really knows. I am ready for this to be done with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, I don't know if this is the proper forum or if you will even check back here, but I wrote a chunk about it the other day in a post...
    http://weloveiowa.blogspot.com/2010/03/just-venting.html. Let me know if you see this.

    ReplyDelete