Can you guess where I am?

Just so you know, my family is known for our impromptu excursions. We've never had a problem pulling our kids from school for the sake of an educational road trip. And if it's spontaneous there are no expectations and more importantly, no disappointed kids should it not work out.

You can check out our Search For Sun Adventure and our Impromptu Pre-Spring Break Escape for a better taste of our crazy fun trips. Everyone must do at least one of these in their lifetime.

FYI: I've never been a fan of the make-up snow days. My kids can watch plenty of movies in the car. So, hmm... school or road trip?

And if there was ever an unspoken kid rule that should be in the mysterious master manual it would read: Never tell children anything unless you are 100% sure it will happen. If you have even the slightest hesitation, for your own sanity and the love of goodness and harmony do NOT under ANY circumstances share this information with your children. They will hold it over your head eternally and you will never cease to regret it.

So, yesterday we FINALLY decided we were definitely going to do this trip and we FINALLY told our children to pack. (We never divulged our destination.) One hour later we were on the road. We arrived about 2AM this morning with groggy kids in tow. Any guesses?

Here are a few clues:
We are 700.4 miles from home.
We are in a "fast town"
It's known as the gateway city of the hills.
If you follow me on twitter or facebook you have an advantage.

10 comments

  1. I know! I know! But I won't give it away... though I am happily anticipating the photos of your journey! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea!! Tell us!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must be the coolest mom in the world! Since I follow, I also know. But, I'll follow Christine's lead & not spoil the surprise. :) Can't wait to hear how it went!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My lips are sealed! Can't wait to see the photos when you get back. Have a safe trip.

    Kristi, Live and Love...Out Loud
    @TweetingMama

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet! Your kids will have the fondest memories of impromptu trips when they grow up! I haven't been on twitter or fb, so I do not know from that, but I'm pretty sure I know where you are. Hop you're having a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never been so I look forward to your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww I want to kknow!!! Have hun..can't wait to see the pics!

    meandmineinasmalltown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. No idea but I LOVE your philosophy.
    Life's too short to not just go.
    The tourism logo for Australia is my life's inspiration.
    'If you never, never go - you'll never, never know!'
    Hope you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. how fun! What are you doing over "there"? have a safe trip and take lots of pix!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So true never to divulge something to a kid unless you're going to be certain it's happening. Case in point: our vacation that was supposed to start Friday that my husband's boss cancelled 2 weeks ago. In San Diego. It was part of our kids' birthday present. They're heartbroken.

    I, too, am all about pulling kids out of school for trips like this. I think they get more from seeing the world than seeing the inside of the classroom every other day.

    ReplyDelete