Tasty Tuesdays

Sorry this post is coming so late. My day got away from me... Maybe you can try it tomorrow or next week. Or doggy ear it for a day when you are out of ideas. Thought these were great springy recipes.

Before I proceed, I want to make a few things very clear- especially for those of you who may just be joining me or have not seen my recipes before.

Ahem (Clearing throat...)

1. I do not profess to be a gourmet chef of any kind. Nor do I want to be. Period.

2. I try to spend as little time in the kitchen as humanly possible.

3. All recipes I post are tried and true.

4. I am on a mission to find as many easy, yummy, kid friendly recipes as humanly possible.

5. All recipe cards are formatted as a 4x6 card for you to save and print 'cause I'm nice that way. (I enlarged it here for viewing. Let me know if there is a problem printing it as a 4x6 card.)

6. I'm not a fan of frilly frou-frou anything, especially recipe cards. I'm all about LESS is MORE. It's my prerogative.

7. I may miss a Tuesday every now and again when life happens or I'm feeling uninspired. Don't judge.

Photobucket

This one is a family favorite. The coleslaw idea comes from Martha's April Everyday Food issue. I must confess, the kids don't like that part. But great for a little variation. If you are a vegetarian this may not be for you. I cook the pork roast in the crockpot on low all day, then shred. YUM.

Photobucket

This salad is my latest favorite. It comes from the kitchen of my friend, Vicki Garbett, our local Martha Stewart extraordinaire. This was one of the salads she made for a bridal shower she recently hosted, which was also fabulous btw. It's not totally unhealthy. Plus it has ramen noodles. Who doesn't like those? Winner.

So, there ya have it, my own take on Tasty Tuesdays. What are you having for dinner? Feel free to share recipes that you think are easy and/or kid friendly. I'd love to expand my repertoire, for lack of a better word.

You can find some of my previous recipe cards here.

6 comments

  1. Um, can you say yummy??!!
    I love being in the kitchen and will try both recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have loved this antique framing thing since we used it on my x-mas picture that you helped me with. could you forward this download to me or tell me where to get it. you should have an area for all your downloads you have.....you rock at those!!
    can't wait to make this recipe....love simplicity in the kitchen too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I even love your recipe cards! You're so dang creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Liz.

    Lisa, I've collected many doodads that I use for scrapbooking and other projects. Some are from freebie sites, others I've paid for-- but it's been a long tedious process. Most freebie sites have a max they give out or a cap on it.

    I'm pretty good about sharing most things I come across, but I don't really feel comfortable sharing these things mostly because of legalities. I also don't know the source on most of them. For these reasons I've tried to stay away from sharing these on my blog.

    I would share the link for this one, but since we switched new computers I lost all my favorite links. Bummer. Gotta start from scratch again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those recipes look and sound so good! I'm all about the easy recipes. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ♥ this salad! I lost my copy of it! I'm a new follower from blogfrog! Thanks for sharing! ;)

    ReplyDelete