Tickled Pink.

I am tickled pink to be selected for such a fine award. Really, I am. Thanks to Maureen of Tatter Scoops and Miel Abiel of Bon Vivants for this honor. If it's all the same to you, I think I'll just combine them. It is an honor to be in your company.

Having said that, I must be frank. I don't do chain letters. I'm not that fascinating and have little to offer.

However, the blog world is a strange phenomenon. It has a way of sucking you in and making you do things that you might not otherwise consider. I have yet to decline one of these "awards", if it even fits that description.

Google to the rescue.

award n. something awarded, such as a prize or medal.

This is not the gold plated hang on your wall or display on your mantel sort of thing, but it is a recognition and I would not want to seem ungracious.

So, without further ado, I present…


Now you get to hear 7 more fascinating facts about me...

Really people, I'm not that exciting. And my list of little known facts is dwindling by the day. But here goes...

1. My nickname is Lish or Lisha depending on how lazy people are feeling. They drop the A on the front or the A on the back or both. 98% of my friends and family call me Lish. I’m dealing.

2. Have a retarded tongue. Can’t even roll it. And when I was in grade school I had to see a speech pathologist because I couldn’t say my Rs. Now I just overcompensate and sound like a freak.

3. I worked as a pharmacy technician for 9 years until I gave birth to my first child. I know a thing or two about legalized drugs.

4. Strange Food Quirk: I love the smell of dill pickles, but not the taste. I said it was strange.

5. I never had migraines until I was pregnant with my 2nd child. Just saying…

6. Sunshine and chocolate both make me sneeze. I’ve been known to sneeze a half dozen times in a row, which is in fact a great ab workout in case you've never experienced it.

7. I need to change my blog URL to match my name but 1. I’m afraid and 2. I don’t know how. I only originally picked weloveiowa for my address because “stuckiniowa” was already taken. I don't actually love iowa. Quite the opposite. But that may be TMI.

I did it! Now I get the privilege of passing this "award" on.

The Rules:
1. Thank the person who gave you this award. Check.
2. Share 7 things about yourself. Check.
3. Pass the award along to 15 bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic! Yeah, about that. I don't think I know 15 new bloggers.
4. Contact the bloggers you've picked and let them know about the award. Check.

After some consideration I would like to pass the Versatile Blogger Award on to:

mommy of a monster

amber page writes

pink moss

There are certain writers that inspire you and move you and these are a few new bloggers that I have recently connected with that have done just this for me, so thank you.

And Happy Blogging.

6 comments

  1. Thanks Lish ;)
    Now that I figured out how to receive the award from you, I will respond! Thanks! What a great Mother's Day surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent acceptance speech! Bravo! And you did it in your own style, which to me validates your versatility. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, thank you! The bloggy love is mutual.

    I know what you mean about chain letters and blog awards. The two are inextricably linked in my mind, but I don't turn them down either!

    P.S. I can tell help you figure out how to change your blog address...it's easy! I'll write you an email.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Thank you my blogging friend!! My last week has been rough so this is a sweet surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are all good quirks. You do a really good job of thinking of some. I have a really hard time with them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lish :D I can relate to your last point, I used to hate living in that tiny itty bitty town in AL lol. I am too not a pickle person hahaha.

    ReplyDelete