Week 21 {365} Cousins

This is our week in photos, only all of this actually happened in just one day.

If you knew anything about my family you wouldn't think twice, cause it's a Barnes thing. Why stay 5 days when you can pack it all in with just one? Besides, less chance to get sick of each other that way. And let's not forget that Iowa is never a destination, merely a passing through point to crash for the night.

My kids have been counting down the seconds until their cousin's arrival. They arrived late last night, just in time to hit the hay. Today was jam-packed full, it's like the never ending day... only my eyes are telling me otherwise so I must hurry. No fancy collages tonight. Just raw pics.

We spent most of the day in Burlington, IA for Uncle Dave's bike race. (About 1 1/2 hours away)
Photobucket

Photobucket
We had to be creative. The girls were hot, BORED, and hungry... the entire time.

Photobucket
Dave is front and center in this photo and this is Snake Alley, fittingly named for it's crazy steep winding bends and turns.

Photobucket
The boys went fishing with Uncle Haldan. I have yet to get the full report.

Photobucket
The afternoon was filled with water fun. It doesn't take much to make kids happy on a hot afternoon. Plus our chemically burned sod needed a little H2O.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I think this might be outfit number 4 for the girls, but they sure had fun together.

Photobucket
After our BBQ we walked over to the kid's school for some soccer. This is TEAM Little Man. He looks mad in this photo because I accidentally kicked him in the shin and I may have even nudged him in the face. Ok, so I'm not the best soccer player. I told him to man up. He got me back good. But luckily I was quick on the draw and my face fared ok.

Photobucket

Photobucket
That cute girl in the sunflower shirt would be me attempting to play some soccer. Don't judge. You should give it a go and see how winded you are after a half dozen times up and down the field.

Photobucket
We ended the night with smores. Besides the bugs it was perfect. This was Gracie's last one before she professed to being tired. All children were out within 30 minutes of this photo. They crashed hard. It was a LONG, fun-filled day.

That's a wrap.

How did you spend your Saturday?


By the way, if you haven't heard from me for a while know that I am ok. I'm so behind I may never dig my way out, but I'm ok. There are a few reasons for this:

1. My internet was down for 6 days off and on, mostly off. I managed to post using a patchy wi-fi signal from my neighbor's house. Don't tell.

2. My husband is in the middle of an 8 day break and he's been demanding my attention and time. It turns out he actually likes me.

3. Google has been giving me fits.

4. My sister and her family are here visiting and you just heard what we've been up to. And now my bed is calling my name....

If you would like me to read a recent post please leave me the link. I'll eventually make it through the sea of posts in my google reader, but it may be a while. If you leave the link it may ensure a more prompt visit. I hope you are all well out there in blogland. Wishing you a fun and safe Memorial Day weekend with family and friends.

Lish signing off.

21 comments

  1. The second picture is priceless! Absolutely pricesless! Your family is so active! I imagine that you have a tight-knit family who have a lot of fun & memories together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a LOT of fun! I love times like that, great photo's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the girls are SO cute!! ash has that chelsea jersey too with lampard's no. good choice! ;)

    ~ash's mum

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome pictures as usual, Lish! Sucky tho' your internet is been a pain in you know where. Hope it'll be sorted out soon! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a huge day, I imagime you crashed just as quickly as the kids, LOL!!! I have passed on a blog award to you so when you have a chance pop on over & pick it up!!!
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. You took some great photos. I love you telling Little Man to "man up." If I had a dollar for every time we tell Boy Wonder that. there is a con to having a very sweet and loving boy, which is that he can be a wussy :)

    Hope you get a chance to relax and catch up this week. I think you've done great at staying in the Bloggy Eye!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alicia! I love love love these photos -- they make me wanna be a kid again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those pictures! What a fun day!! Our Saturday was not that exciting, but today is a boat day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, these are such fun pictures. They totally represent "Summer".

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really fun photos!! We can't wait for our kiddies to get together with their cousins this summer. They only get to see each other for a few weeks every year. :(

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those girls are funny. I mean the pic which labeled Hot, Hungry thing....

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a jam-packed, fun-filled day! You must be ticketed out. I know I am. lol Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    Kristi, Live and Love...Out Loud
    @TweetingMama

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like busy fun!!! I love smores!!! Have a great monday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the pics, specially the one with the two girls on what looks like a tire swing. I bet you're exhausted, I would be! And you are a trooper for playing soccer, I would be on the sidelines for sure.. I'm way too lazy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so jealous it's hot there! we are having rainy, sucky weather this weekend! there. now you don't have to read my post from yesterday. lol great pics as usual! i remember being so very excited for the cousins to visit. and yes, we changed clothes about 500 times a day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. adorable shots!!! oh and don't worry, i'm behind on blog life too. i've just decided that real life is way more important! ; ) hope you have a beautiful memorial day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those photos are such a slice of life. What lucky kids.

    Thank you for the adorable shots.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those are great pictures! Great family time!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It looks like your kids had a fabulous time with their cousins!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks like a lot of fun..especially the S'mores!

    ReplyDelete