Friday Flip-Offs, 6/11 Edition

This is Friday-Flip Offs, the place to rid yourself of all that random annoying crap that seems to worm it's way into your life and fester like a boil just below the surface waiting to explode.

Gigi at Kludgymom is the brains behind this brilliant idea. Please stop by and give her some love. She's got some great FFOs to read.

So, without further ado, let's begin this VIRTUAL DETOX. Ahem...

To mother nature who has 6 straight days of thunderstorms planned at the exact moment summer break begins... seriously? Come on. Cut a girl some slack here. Flip-Off!

To Aunt Flo who seems to come at the most inopportune of times bringing with her all sorts of nasty, disgusting, and/or uncomfortable ailments that no woman is ever allowed to speak of, let alone complain about. You are an injustice to womankind. Flip-Off.

To Father Time who seems to be speeding up as I write this, leaving me with anxiety and headaches as I am continually 3 days and 5 projects behind. AHHHHHHHHH. Flip-Off.

To my giant handbag that seems to be the new dumping ground for random rocks, electronics, and all manner of junk the children deem as treasured valuables that they themselves can't carry. You seem to be more like a magician's hat trick than what you were intended, doing a serious number to my lower back and leaving me super agitated every time I get to the counter and need my wallet. Well, your days are OVER. I have a smaller, more hip and trendy replacement that will not allow for such nonsense. Flip-Off.

To the B word. You know, B-O-R-E-D, that has been used 47 times since 12:15 PM yesterday when the children flung open those school doors for summer break. You are not to be tolerated in this house and should just give it up already. You are banned here. I win. Flip-Off.

And last but certainly not least...

To My To-Do list that is breeding in double digits every minute of every day. I was really excited about the idea of a relaxing summer filled with lazy days poolside sipping fresh lemonade with no cares in the world. Grrr. Just go away already and stop ruining all my plans. Flip-Off!

{insert deep breath here}

I'm feeling so much better!

Now it's YOUR turn. What is bugging you these days? If you are in need of a great vent, try Friday Flip-Offs. It's free and so therapeutic and I'm sure you already have plenty of material. Give it a go! Then stop by the other FFOs. They are so entertaining and sure to bring some good gut rolling laughs.

34 comments

  1. Well, I can say that I am glad I haven't been part of your Friday Flip Offs, yet!! HA HA I hope you are doing well. I come home this weekend and think it'd be fun to get together sometime soon!
    OH and ps, someday I hope to be as good of a blogger as you, seriously. I get bored and sick of typing way toooo fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Aunt Flo can kiss my arse. We are supposed to be going to Lake Havasu in a a couple of weeks to go boating...on the water...all day long...and guess who should be visiting? That should be fun.

    Sorry to hear about the crappy weather! Hope it turns around for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've got bad weather here too, it's not fun! I hope it gets better soon. I'm sure Aunt Flo knows when it would be the most inconvenient time to come and visit and times it accordingly, it's always the way. I really understand the To-Do list. I'm seriously considering giving up on mine, it's getting way out of hand. Great flips :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LMAO! This is HILARIOUS!!!! You guys kill me...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! I think I look forward to your flip off's as much as I look forward to writing mine! You've gathered some goodies up this week girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know you have entirely hooked me on these Friday Flip-Offs! Love 'em. Do you really have an Auntie Flo? Hey two things - I still can't get the flip-off badge to work - any tips? Also I can't find a place to leave a comment at Kludgy Mom - just a face book like sign - is this my techno midget brain again? Thanks for any tips Alicia - you must just loovvee new bloggers! (Not such a beautiful present when they are whining and need help!) Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This week was like a time warp, right? It sped by so fast I still feel like it can't possibly be Friday. Hopefully, your weekend will be better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Winter holidays have started here in South Africa and my kid is also bored already. Don't know how I'm going to keep him entertained for the next month :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahahaha ditto on Aunt Flo, I got her visiting me too at the moment. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My kids are bored and it's raining. Yay for summer!

    Lots of yummy love,
    Alex aka Ma, What's For Dinner?
    www.MaWhats4Dinner.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aunt Flo keeps coming 3 days early every month now that I'm off the pill for good. ANd she stays for a week. I'm so sick of it. I may just go back on the pill. Great flips. My kids are at each other's throats.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ugh...I can so relate to you this week. I hear you loud and clear. Father Time is just killing me. I had panic attacks all week because I wasn't able to finish any projects. I've been staying up until 3:00 am and STILL that does not help. As for the handbag being a dumping ground...how many times have I found balls, McDonald's toys, stickers, silly bands, etc. in my purse? They want to take their toys everywhere and when they get tired of carrying it, everything goes into your purse! We should start carrying a little wristlet from now on, that way they can't dump anything in it. As for the "B" word, I haven't heard it yet. But I'm sure I will hear it pretty soon. Since when did we become the clowns who entertain them in their circus? Excellent Flip-offs this week. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd flip off humidity... AND my frizzy hair... because together, they are worthy of being flipped off!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It seems like so many moms of school-aged kids are already going crazy and it's just the start of summer! Ugh - good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree on the Aunt Flo and Father Time....both so inconvenient and never welcome!!

    Bummer on the storms, too.....several years we have had the entire first week or two of summer break be gloomy (and this is in "sunny" California!).

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aunt Flo definitely deserves a big flip off!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love reading your Friday Flipoffs. They are always way too accurate. I think I've experienced pretty much every one of the FFO's you mentioned today.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the flip offs! Especially Aunt Flo and giant purses. Amen sister friend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good one on the purse Flip Off! I swear, large purses are like a black hole... and the bigger the purse, the more things you find that are "necessary" to go in them. I say, "Declutter the clutch". Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am right there with you with the thunderstorms! So sick of it!!
    Have a great weekend - rain gear free ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aunt Flo isn't treating anyone well these days! I wish you luck trying to keep those bored little minds entertained! Sorry about the thunderstorms, but you can keep that stuff up there! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh Alicia!
    I hear you on every single point ... especially Aunt Flo! I think it's time for her and I to part ways ... permanently!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm right there with you on the to-do-list! I would probably crack up listening to your aunt Flo.

    ReplyDelete
  24. you are such a crack up. I totally agree with every one of your flip offs. Maybe I'll join in next Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Alicia,
    I so relate to the handbag. Even when I downsize I find Bakugan thingies and granola bar wrappers.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I think the link I have to your blog works but I'll try to direct it to your flip off post!

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  27. Can I just say "ditto" to all your flip offs? Seriously. It sounds like your in my head right now! lol And about Aunt Flo...I so with you on that. The only thing is I've yet to have Aunt Flo visit once in the past 2 years. She came by right after I had the baby, but the last time she was really here was right before I got pregnant. Either way, I hate her. She can flip off! lol
    Thanks for stopping by Lish. Hope your weekend will be a fabulous, un-boring (I know it's not a word lol), Aunt-Flo free, sunny weekend. :)

    Kristi, Live and Love...Out Loud
    @TweetingMama

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh, Father Time is my biggest flip off, for sure.

    My second is the phone and doorbell that have not stopped ringing, here on this first day of summer with all my kids and their pesky friends. How many more days of this?

    ReplyDelete
  29. I tried hard not to steal yours! they were great! Love your blog, its so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh, yes, HUGE FOF to the to-do list.

    Good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is awesome... I also gave you an award!!! Have a great weekend!!!

    XOXOX
    Kiki

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a fantastic idea and I might just have to join you next Friday!! I have been enjoying reading Natalie's (Mommy of a Monster) list and now yours too.

    Oh, and I'm with you on the "To Do" list, it can go straight to hell and usually does. :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Ugh! I so concur with every statement here!! Aunt Flo can take a hike (I may be forcibly kicking her out soon), my purse shrunk in size, although I still have a hard time locating my phone in it, and I think your To-Do list hooked up with my to-do list and had little mini to-do list babies that are running amok!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog today! Love reading you!

    ReplyDelete