Friday Flip-Offs, 7/9 Edition

This is Friday-Flip Offs, the place to rid yourself of all that random annoying crap that seems to worm it's way into your life and fester like a boil just below the surface waiting to explode.

Gigi at Kludgymom is the brains behind this brilliant idea. Please stop by and give her some love. She's got some great FFOs to read.

So, without further ado, let's begin this VIRTUAL DETOX. Ahem...

To my appetite that has been in super overdrive for no apparent reason. Chill out. And let me find a chance to burn a few calories first please. And no, I’m not pregnant.

To 2 bread sticks that were microwaved for 4 minutes almost setting the house on fire and nearly giving me heart failure- not to mention the $200 bill for a replacement microwave. No bread sticks are that good. And Little Man didn't know any better.

To city rec departments that forbid you from taking pictures of your own children at community pools. Not only is it not posted, but shouldn’t lifeguards spend their time lifeguarding rather than being the photo police?

To the nazi ticket taker at the theater who ran me down to search my purse to make sure I removed all food items before entering. Seriously? After $10 tickets can’t a girl bring her own water bottle and starbursts?

And while on this topic…

To the theaters who make you pay money for 3-D glasses every single time you see a 3-D movie regardless of whether or not you already have them. Then they ask you to recycle them so you can buy them again the next time. If we didn’t have to buy them every time we could afford to buy your starbursts.

All of you--FLIP OFF!!

{insert deep breath here}

I'm feeling so much better!

Now it's YOUR turn. What is bugging you these days? If you are in need of a great vent, try Friday Flip-Offs. It's free and so therapeutic and I'm sure you already have plenty of material. Give it a go! Then stop by the other FFOs. They are so entertaining and sure to bring some good gut rolling laughs.

25 comments

  1. hahahahah I liked This FFO post. Very funny and good observation about the 3-d glasses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep Alicia...SO with you on the water and candy at the movies!! I can't believe how expensive it is to go...and no way I'm paying 4 bucks for candy and another 4 or something ridiculous for water!!

    And I'll flip off my appetite too...in your honor :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow....i hope they never check my purse. what theatre was that at, and i will stear clear! agree on the 3-d glasses too.....sooo annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL on the starburst. Seriously! We've resigned ourselves permanently to the dollar theater here where we sneak eVERYTHING in except the popcorn. movies for a family of 4 are a budget buster!

    vacation is not that bad...but i wouldn't be me if I weren't snarky about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really bugs me about not being able to take your own sweets into the cinema. It's so expensive already. My appetite is doing exactly the same thing for no apparent reason, I'll join you in flipping it off!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's why we watch movies at home - we can drink wine and eat what we like! :)
    Have a nice weekend!

    BLOGitse

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sucks big time for the cinema thing! Sorry to hear about the microwave incident, girl! Oh and that appetite - I feel you! Aunt flo is not only bringing the grouch but also the hunger pangs. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girlie, I get your RSS feed and thought I was unable to comment through them...until today, when I had the brilliance to click on the title of your post. I think its pretty obvious where that little link brought me. ;)

    Anyway, Geez! It sounds like you live in a creepy version of pleasant ville. I get the no pictures thing, but come on! Creepy old men taking pictures is probably what the rule was made for, not moms. AND Holy Moly to your movie theatre! Is there another one you can go to? I was just talking with people about how no one buys food from the movie theatre. It's part of the whole experience!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of these... wow! I haven't been to a movie in forever, but if they are being like that I think I will stay away for awhile longer. Now we all know not to put breadsticks in the microwave for too long. And you know I am right there with you on the appetite, but I do have an excuse, I guess. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great flipoffs. That is why you buy a small purse, take everything out, and put your bottled water and starbursts in there. They would never think to check out that. Would they?

    ReplyDelete
  11. You seriously cracked me up with the theater stuff! haha Oh Woman you made my friday start off with a laugh! I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Since when is it a crime to photograph your kids at the pool? F-ing perverts are really cramping our style! I always sneak food into the movie:) I debated on flipping or flashing back this week as always....I ended up flashing, but it turned into a big flip-off to mt MIL anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your flip-offs this week! I can't believe the one about the pool photos?? I mean, yeah it's creepy if you want to take pics of MY kids (and you are a hairy, smelly dude) but why can't I do it?? Wow, hadn't heard that one.

    Sneaking in candy? Keeps from having to take out a loan just to take the family to a movie! I can't believe they searched your purse!!

    Great FFO post!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bahaha. Hilarious. There's a theater by my house that lets you walk in with whatever you please. We go in there with Wal Mart bags full of crap. Theaters that are nazis about it are just lame. Good flip offs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You poor thing! I hope you got a fancy schmansy microwave that won't set things on fire!

    And yeah...flip off movie theaters!!! I'll wait for the dang DVD!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ewww. Hate those movie ticket takers. You know they were "hall pass" monitors in high school. My suggestion, tell them you have diabetes. My boyfriend (who actually does have diabetes) gets to bring food wherever he pleases... and he fully supports other people using that excuse! =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that you have to add the "I'm not pregnant" disclaimer to your appetite flip. Don't people get it? Sometimes a binge is just a binge. Sheesh.
    I'm with you on the movie rip offs too. Try sneaking starburst into your bra. They'll never look there.

    ReplyDelete
  18. i always bring my own snacks. can't believe he hunted you down!
    oh, the appetite. i should flip off my love for food. and drink.

    ReplyDelete
  19. it's sad and scary that the community pool people had to make that rule. You know it was because of weirdos. But it does suck and ruin it for moms!

    ReplyDelete
  20. AH! the 3-D glasses! the bane of my existence. because $10.50 a ticket isnt enough. they need a $4 surcharge on top of that. grrrrrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome flip-off's Lish! These movie theatres rake in big bucks, don't they? You'd think with all the money they make they could give folks a pass on water and Starburst! Charging people for new 3D glasses every single time is just ridiculous. And no photos at the community pool? What the heck is that about? People are stupid. That's all I've got to say about that. lol
    Hope you're having a great weekend with the family. Take care.

    Kristi, Live and Love...Out Loud
    @TweetingMama

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lets also add the five dollar bottles of water to that list!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the Flip Offs! Agree with the theaters-it is crazy.
    And seriously-lifeguards worrying about pictures? FLIP OFF

    ReplyDelete
  24. one of these Fridays i HAVE to do this. I spend all week flipping things off, I may as well make it public in list form on the blog! Ha!

    ReplyDelete