Tasty Tuesdays: Egg Salad (Revised)

*** I'm experiencing technical difficulties and have no idea if it's a glitch or more serious. I know I'm definitely not equipped to know how to handle these sorts of problems and google has failed me. So, feel free to leave a comment and maybe they will magically appear at one point, but for now none of them are showing up. My friend Gigi of Kludgymom has sent a couple now. I posted one that showed up momentarily and still shows up in my "edit posts" page. I am receiving email notifications and will be able to respond, but don't be concerned if it doesn't show up below. Btw, if you are tech savvy and know blogger well feel free to email me at lish@mchsi.com and rescue me. It's been a long day and it's 12:30PM and I surrender. ***

I'm revisiting a recipe that has already been posted on my blog for those that missed it. Perfect light sandwich for summer with a bit of a twist. This is one of my favs.

Photobucket

I actually kept the egg yolks, but by leaving them out it would make it a healthier sandwich. I chose pumpernickel bread over wholegrain. You could also opt for light sour cream if desired. The Dijon is not for everyone. Tweak it to your liking.

The recipe card is yours for the taking. Just save it as a picture and print it as a 4x6 card on cardstock or photo paper. Enjoy!

Now it's your turn. What are you cookin up these days?

Grab the button on the sidebar, go find your favorite recipe, and link it up below!

No rules on the recipe. Old or new posts work.

Happy Tuesday, Y'all!

28 comments

  1. Oh yum!!! I LOVE egg salad! I've never tried it with avocado before, but will be now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I liked egg salad. First, I'd need to like eggs in some way other than scrambled. I"m so lame that way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm. I wouldn't have thought of adding avocado or sour cream to egg salad. It sounds delicious. Egg salad is one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry peeps. Comments are not showing up on this post today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If there's an award out there for Egg Salad Queen, it's all yours! Now THAT is a serious egg salad recipe. Sounds delish!
    Hope this comment makes it up on your post. Keeping my fingers crossed!

    Kristi, Live and Love...Out Loud
    @TweetingMama

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just testing for you to see if those comments are showing up now lady... I hope they are! So annoying!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm having the same trouble with Blogger right now. According to my email, I had at least 15 comments since this morning, but when I opened Dashboard, only five showed up for moderation. I hope they'll get this resolved quickly!

    I was just thinking about making egg salad. :) The addition of mustard sounds good to me; I've done that a few times.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought I was the only one having issues with comments! Glad to know that I'm not the only one. I get the emails, and then show up in blogger draft, but don't appear on the actual page... strange. Anyway, that egg salad looks tasty -- and what a good idea to leave out the yolks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did receive an email from my service provider that there is an international link which have been damaged and it can take up to 6 days to repair because they need to sent out a boat out to sea to repair the damaged link. So that's why there are problems with google and so forth.
    Very nice egg salad recipe, going to try it on my guests this coming weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Dijon! And the red onion in that recipe makes it look prettier, doesn't it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks really yummy! Some day when I have some energy back I am going to hit up your recipe page and go to town! Thanks for all the great ones!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mmmmm! I love egg salad. For some reason I never thought of only using the whites, even though I eat just the whites all the time. The addition of avocado has me drooling!! This looks like a great summer sandwich, and I'm glad I put eggs on the grocery list! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good Lord! Avocado in your egg salad? I just died. I am leaving for Kroger right now. I must make this! You have no idea who much I love avocado and to boot, we are on a "salad" kick all summer long! Thanks a bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This egg salad sounds YUM! Sour cream..who knew? Happy Tasty Tuesday! Thanks for hosting great memes :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Eggs AND avocado? Honey, please.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I also had the same problem with Blogger today, but it seemed to fixed now.

    The egg salad looks really good. I´m saving it <3

    Wish you a lovely day

    //Nina

    ReplyDelete
  17. Not sure if these are invisible comments, but that egg salad sounds HEAVENLY! I love anything with avocado, but seriously never thought to add it to egg salad....I will try this for sure.

    Hope your comments come back....

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really love egg salad, but it has never crossed my mind to add avocado nor red onion!

    ReplyDelete
  19. i hardly ever make egg salad and I have no idea why. Gonna try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yum!!! I love me some egg salad!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow- now THAT'S an egg salad! Sounds delish. I may have to try it-- my egg salad experience consists of egg drenched in too much mayo/mustard. This sounds MUCH better!

    ReplyDelete
  22. OOOOOh I love putting avocado into it!!! I think I may have dinner planned!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yummy!!! I am loving this chain, and wishing I had a recipe to post to it but intend on taking a lot of these including yours :) I hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This seems to be a theme on a lot of blogs I've been visiting. Comments that don't get posted. Shame. Egg salad looks yummy. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Looks easy enough for even a non-cook like me! Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yummy I love egg salad...Sorry I'm late :) I just added mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh. My. YUM! I love egg salad, but this looks like heaven on bread! I am definitely going to swipe this one! mmmm!

    ReplyDelete