Week 26 {365} Holiday Highlights and iTunes Winner

Sorry this is coming a little late this week. Between family and internet issues it's been a bit of a challenge. I was on the phone with my internet provider today when I smelled something burning. Turns out my 10 1/2 yr old son wanted to warm up some bread sticks in the microwave... to make a long story short, they started on fire. Who knew that was even possible? In case you never heard about my toast experience, you can read all about it here. Suffice it to say, me and fire have a bit of a history.

Our 4th of July weekend was very memorable.
Photobucket

4th of July Highlights Include:

  • My parents visiting from Kentucky.

  • My 70 year old dad running in the alliant energy 1/2 mile fun run and finishing.

  • Having my purse searched at the movie theater by a crazy nazi ticket taker.

  • Nearly hitting a family of raccoons crossing the street at night.

  • Little Man placing 4th in the mile run in his age bracket.

  • Watching the best fireworks show in Cedar Rapids that I can remember. (Sorry to the family we told that it wouldn't be worth coming for. We were wrong.)

*********************************************************************

Now on to another item of business...

The WINNER of the iTUNES giftcard is... (drum roll please)

Sam of Mom.Undecided. She had the most comments in her discussion in my blogfrog community. (Please contact me at lish@mchsi.com and let me know your address so I know where to mail it to.)

Thanks to all who participated. It was so much fun joining in the discussions and getting to know you all better. Please feel free to stop by anytime and join in the fun over in my community.

If you don't see me around much this week, know that I'm thinking of you but am having too much fun playing with family. I'll be back soon.

18 comments

  1. I love your photo montages! Looks like it was a great 4th! Enjoy time with your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a fabulous 4th of July! Sorry I missed your tasty Tuesday last week, I'll get it up there on your next one. Enjoy your time with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter's dress is awesome! Glad you got to see a great show! What movie were you headed to when your bag was searched?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You definitely had a fun filled day. I love the tiedyed dress. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great pictures as usual! I cannot believe bread sticks + microwave = fire. crazy!

    have fun with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi :) wow, your dad is athletic! thats amazing for his age... Aside from all your interesting notes of your 4th of July I hope it was a good one for you!
    xox Jessica-lauren

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a fabulous time was had by all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have an awesome week Alicia!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE your daughter's dress! It sounds like you had a nice weekend. When I was your son's age, I started a fire in the microwave doing the same thing. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the collage!!!! looks great. And that's flipping insane about the movies. I was at a movie in Aberdeen a couple years ago and I was texting during the PRE- previews. The lights were still on. This guy with a fanny pack came over and told me if he saw me with it out again, he would take it until the end of the movie. I said, "Actually, you won't touch anything that is my property because that is stealing." I put it away but was appalled and watched him go around to everyone saying the same thing. I mean it was the PRE previews!!!! Just like a slideshow of local ads!! So I'd flip if someone asked to look through my purse.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lish - I love the photo you managed of the actual fireworks going off. I've tried, and that's not easy to do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad to read this one! I am happy that your 4th went so well and was so memorable! Your dad seems amazing! I'm glad you all are following in his footsteps! And that little miss of yours... just adorable! Love all the smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like you had quite the uhm, interesting holiday weekend!

    Congrats to your dad on the race - that's awesome!
    And boo to the nazi ticket taker. With theatre prices, it really isn't fair to search us and find our stash of water bottles and candy galore. I'm not the only one that carries a big bag to the movies, am I?!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I cannot believe that they searched your bag at the movie theatre! I haven't been searched yet and would die if they found my stash. lol Looks like you all had a fabulous Fourth of July though. It must've been nice to spend some time with family. I'm so jealous. :(

    Kristi, Live and Love...Out Loud
    @TweetingMama

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your photos are great!! It looks like you all had a great time this weekend! That's wonderful! You really deserved it. I hope you have a great week this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Woo-Hoo! Thanks!

    -Sam
    Mom.Undecided.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like and looks like you had a very memorable holiday weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. The photo collage is wonderful! You take such amazing pictures! I LOVE visiting to see what is new!

    ReplyDelete