Friday Flip-Offs, 8/27 Edition

Gigi at Kludgymom is the brains behind Friday Flip-offs. Please stop by and give her some love. She's juggling tons of hats right now.

I've decided to combine Friday Flip-Offs with some Friday Favs to mix it up a bit. (Overall few complaints around here- it's been a pretty good week.)

Let’s call this the beauty product edition.

1. Neutogena Oil Absorbing Blotting Sheets are something I use regularly. While tripping I went through tons. Hubs thinks we should get stock. It’s kinda gross to witness the nastiness that comes off your face, but better to blot the oil and allow skin to breathe than apply more powder that will only clog your pores. I've experimented and my face doesn't lie. You can thank me later.

(However, if I wasn’t cursed with oily skin I wouldn’t need to blot myself like a crazy girl every few hours while driving. So, to my overactive oil glands... Flip-Off.)

2. Pureology Super Smooth Relaxing Serum
This product is great whether you do your hair straight or curly and works wonders in humidity.
(However, would we need to even worry about our hair so much if there weren’t such unrealistic standards set by superficial hollywood stars with 7 and 8 digit salaries with live-in hairstylists and nannies who don't even know how to do their own hair mind you? I think not. Flip-Off. )

3. AcneFree Clear Skin System
Found at Wal-Mart or Walgreens for as little as $15.99 and has been just as great if not better than the Proactiv. I was actually on Accutane as a kid and know a thing or two about acne products.

(And I’d like to just say that anyone over the age of 35 should be exempt from zits. Is it not enough that we have wrinkles, achy joints, and saggy skin? To adult acne... Flip-Off.)

4. Clinique Even Better Dark Spot Corrector
A new way to deal with patchy skin discolorations, dark spots, and acne scars. I have been very impressed with a patch of melasma on my forehead that has faded over the last few weeks of using this product. It's not cheap. It runs you about 50 bucks.

(But if it weren't for those pesky hormones would melasma even be an issue? Dang female cycle! Flip-Off.)

Ok, that's all for now folks. Hope you have a lovely weekend. Think of me on a soccer field. That's where I'll be planted all day Saturday and Sunday while hubs works- with a possibility of 5 games. (Not sure about this club soccer stuff yet...)

Now go check other Friday Flip-Offs. So very therapeutic!



22 comments

  1. informative product review flip offs! love it! and adult acne totally can flip off. the world does not need to know I am riding the crimson wave thanks to the break out on my chin and forehead. awesome. not.

    good luck with all that soccer! club anything is a huge committment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to use the same oil blotting sheets...they do work wonders!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have wandered about the Clinique thing. I have dark sun spots/freckles in a few places and was wondering how that stuff worked.
    WHAT IS UP WITH ADULT ACNE? I NEVER had it as a child, kicked in after 30. Last week I had a monstrous and painful crater on my right cheek and this one I have the same one in the same spot on my left-what is that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmm... Ill have to look into the puroglogy serum. im constantly on the look out for something to control the mop that lives on my head. :) thanks for the beauty product heads up :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Clinique stuff works? I always see ads about it and wonder. I'm trying it now for sure. And I (we) couldn't live without the blotting papers. Gross, but helpful and necessary!

    I'm mixing my flip offs with a wine review ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am obsessed with oil blotting sheets too!! I have to carry them everywhere with me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoyed the Flip Off writing! I'm going to try the Pureology.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this week's Flip Offs! It never fails that I get a big ol' honkin' zit before some event where I have to be around lots of other adults who have flawless skin. So double flip offs to you adult acne!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha, I love this Flip Off post, I don't have oily skin but every once in a while I've tried out different oil sheets, I'll definitely give Neutrogena Oil Absorbing Blotting Sheets a try :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL, friday flip offs are too funny! I am going to have to check out those blotting sheets, good to know! Thanks for the tip. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great flip offs again!
    One good thing to have oily skin: you don't get wrinkles too early...right?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are great products suggestions and flips Alicia! I agree about the adult acne, what the heck? I am going to have to try that hair product. I have thick, course, curly hair and it always needs to be tamed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes. Zits after 30-something are an insult!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pureology is quite simply amazing. I think they must have a secret ingredient that is illegal...it can't be matched!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never used any of those products. I'll have to give them a try if they can make my face look like yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think we have the same skin. My mom still get acne and she is in her mid 60's. It is just plain wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have the same dark spots and hate it!!! I am totally going to try that product! Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yep, spots after 30 just seem so unfair. I rarely got them as a teenager but now? Every month without fail and the occasional that just won't go away!

    ReplyDelete
  19. i love your angle of flipping off tied in with favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love those oil blotting sheets too and go thru far too many of them! Why was I cursed with oily skin darnit!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love those oil blotters too! I have been using them constantly for about 10 years too, and I'm glad to find out I'm not the only one who feels like I have the most oily skin there is! I also struggle with adult acne, almost as bad as I did as a teenager. I can't wait to try the product you talked about, I am sick of dealing with it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I tried that clinique dark spot correcter, didn't work for me. maybe i didn't give it long enough :p

    must get some of those oil blotters. flip of TWICE that i need them ;)

    ReplyDelete