Tasty Tuesdays Bloghop: Easy Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches


Welcome to Tasty Tuesdays. A place to share favorite family recipes.

For those of you who haven't figured it out yet or only visit on Tuesdays, I'm away on vaca and officially unplugged from the world. I'm probably experiencing withdrawals about now. I'd still love ya to play along and I'll get back to you next week. Thanks in advance for being so understanding.

And yes, I admit it- I occasionally shop at Wal-Mart. GASP! No, I was not paid to advertise. I've actually searched the world over and tried several different brand names and this (believe it or not) is my favorite version. So, from time to time I have to do some deep meditation and suck it up for the sake of yummy sandwiches.

Photobucket

These are all the ingredients you need. That's it, except of course for the sides.

Photobucket

Slice the onion and pepper and set aside.

Photobucket

Place frozen meat directly from box into the skillet. This is what it will look like. Use your spatula to break meat apart. (The older green boxed version wasn't quite this marbled.)

Photobucket

Add in veges and sweat them slightly. Smellin good!

Photobucket

Then place your buns in the oven to toast slightly. Remove, add mayonaise (if desired), meat and vege mixture, and cheese (provolone is my fav). Then put back into oven until cheese is melted.

Photobucket

Hubs always adds in a few extras. He added summer squash (with red pepper) and mustard to this one. I like the traditional version better.

Photobucket

Mmm, Mmm good. Ok, so it might not actually be the healthiest meal, but it sure is good and won't kill ya if you don't eat it everyday.

Photobucket

I'd love for you to play along. Grab the button to the right. There are NO RULES for you. Any recipe, old or new. Tell us what you're cookin up. Link up below. (You can also grab the linky below to add to your blog post.)

28 comments

  1. oh yummy, I have seen these a thousand times at WalMart, and always wanted to try them... And NOW I know I will :) I shop at Wal Mart occasionally as well (gasp) hahaha! Funny!

    Thanks so much for sharing!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen these at Walmart, but after this it looks like it wouldn't hurt to stock a few boxes in the freezer especially for my husband when I'm traveling for work.

    Hope you are having a great vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya got my stomach talking...good thing it's bout time to eat. Those look tasty, love me some Philly Cheese Steak.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum! we had similar sammies for dinner... I used up some left over tri tip instead of real phillie steaks :) DELISH!

    ReplyDelete
  5. MMM....yummy! Hubby will definitely like this one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes! These will be ON my table tommorow night! I live at Walmart by the way! Shhh...don't tell! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Um...sorry my link showed up twice! I was kicked out while my first was loading so I wasn't sure if it went through! When I re-did it another time, I realized that I look like a blog hopping hog! Sorry!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that looks yummy! Will have to try it, mr will love it. I shop there too, so don't worry. We'll be junkies together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did you say easy? I'm there! I have a very picky hubby, but this happens to be one of his favorite things, so I will have to try them. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum, I love philly cheesesteak sandwiches and yours look delish! Thanks for the link party :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, now I think I will have to try this! I do really love a philly cheesesteak!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't think we have anything quite like that over here in Oz!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Lish! Wow, my husband just told me he is coming over to your house for one of those cheesesteaks! My recipe this week is for Zesty Taco Quesadillas. Thanks for sharing your lovely space with us today! :) Alex@amoderatelife

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Philly Cheesesteaks look amazing! Philly Cheesesteak has to be one of my favourite sandwiches ever. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never heard of these before (I'm sure we don't have them in NZ) but they do look yummo. And oh my, arent;y you the pretty one?!! Nice photos Lish! I have linked up my Gluten Free Party Menu (with recipes) from my daughter's sixth birthday party over the weekend. There's some other how-to's on the post as well as the menu... hope that's OK??!!
    Have fun on Holiday! (er, vaca??)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yum to Philly cheesesteaks! The frozen ones I buy are thinner and less marbled, but we don't break them up.

    Hope you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those look really great! I think my hubby would LOVE them!
    You're invited to Of Such is the Kingdom's first birthday! We're partying and giving away prizes for two weeks!
    suchakingdom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sorry, took me a while to actually get round to comment, my internet has been playing up. i submitted my link and them bam! it went out again.

    these look great! Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my yummy! These look so good! It always burns me up to shop at Wal-Mart, but around here it's the least expensive place to go. Definitely going to be looking for this next time I go!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love Philly Cheesesteaks! I added a link, but it accidently put it up twice- sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  21. i actually made your egg salad again today! probably a lot better than this for you - ha!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks so Yum! Now that's a recipe I know my family will enjoy. :)
    brenda

    ReplyDelete
  23. I remember philly cheese steaks from my trip to america many years ago! I can't seem to link up today - tried twice :( Hope you are enjoying your time away!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm so going to have to look for that when we border hop next week. I don't think we have that up here...although I really should look. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  25. My hubby will love these! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  26. oh YUM! I made this a couple years ago but had a hard time getting it to the table hot. This is SO going on my menu for next week!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi! New to your blog, and I am loving this recipe. I am going to have to check the Wal-mart Philly Steaks.

    ReplyDelete
  28. One word: yum!

    ReplyDelete