Tasty Tuesdays: Crockpot Chicken= 2 Meals

Welcome to Tasty Tuesdays. A place to share favorite family recipes.

Sorry if you saw this pop up in your google reader earlier, I'm a bit of a dingaling. I admit it.

This week due to the tick, tick, ticking of the clock I'm down to the wire and feeling uninspired. And I wasn't sure if I could share fall favs yet, but don't feel up to grilling out either. So, I'm recycling an oldie but goodie from a post last year. Mostly because I'm craving mexican. And when I have a craving I go with it. (And no, not preggars.)

Nor am I a gourmet chef. I'm about easy, fast, kid friendly recipes. If you like to slave away in the kitchen for hours... more power to ya. And I might be a little jealous, but not enough to change right now. Maybe in my next life.

I cooked chicken in the crockpot and got 2 dinners out of it. I'm all over that. Just add some chicken breasts and water and cook on low for 4-5 hrs. The hardest part is to remember to check it periodically as to not overcook and turn it to mush- cause noone likes mushy meat. These are both winning recipes in our home if asking for seconds is any indicator.

Photobucket

Ok, so this one is probably not gonna be found on any diet plans or win a healthy choice award, but super yummy and the kids love it. The picture does not do it justice. You're just gonna have to trust me on this one. (From the kitchen of Sheryl Quillin.)

Photobucket

I slightly modified this recipe due to the fact that I cooked the chicken ahead of time. I added it in later and it was still delish! (From the kitchen of my sis, Tonya.) You might want to bookmark this one for cooler days ahead.

The cards are there for the taking. Just right click and save as a picture. They are formatted as a 4x6 card. Print on photo paper or cardstock and voila! Let me know if you have any problems.

I'd love for you to play along. It's a fabulous way to mix it up and find some new favs. Grab the button to the right. Any recipe works, old or new. Tell us what you're cookin up. Link up below. (You can also grab the linky below to add to your blog post.)

If you'd like me to stop by please leave a comment below, preferably with your link.

25 comments

  1. Thanks as always for hosting! That soup looks yummy and after this HOT summer, I'm looking forward to cooler days and soup recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, yum! These both look like wonderful comfort foods! :) I agree with Sabrina - looking forward to cooler temps and soups. :) Thank you so much for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I posted my Tasty Tuesday already as well. Getting a jump start to tomorrow hoping that Friday gets here sooner :-) For some reason the grab this bloghop link wasn't visible though so I couldn't add it my post like I normally can. Am I missing it this week or is it not there? You mention in your post to grab it, but I couldn't find it. I'm tired after a crazy weekend so it could be me and my blind, tired eyes ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the look of the soup, but I have never heard of Amish noodles! Probably because we on't have any Amish in Oz, as far as I know .....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! I can't wait to try both of them. I use the crockpot like it's going out of style come fall and winter, and I'm always looking for new chicken recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ali baba! :) Yep, I was crazed too this week, so my recipe was QUICK and easy and so so yummy! its a peach and watermelon salad with feta. Enjoy and hope you can CHILL a bit in the coming week. Alex@amoderatelife

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I will join in one of these weeks. I'm really on the lookout for easy recipes. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. those enchiladas will be a HUGE hit here :). Thank you my dear for the recipe and the link up :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both your chicken recipes sound delicious - I love cooking once to get two meals! Thanks for hosting and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Alicia,

    This is my first time visiting your blog - I love it! It looks like we share a lot of interests! I am joining your Tasty Tuesdays Hop for the first time this week - I hope to join you on a regular basis!

    I have signed up to follow you, and invite you to join me over at Create With Joy!

    Hugs
    Ramona
    http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmm, banana chop chip muffins from me this week... the easiest yummiest muffins ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Er that was meant to be CHOC chip!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love planning my menu so that I can easily create 2 - 3 recipes form a couple of "bulk cooked" items. The enchiladas and the soup both sound delicious; smart move to follow the craving!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome! Anytime you can make two meals in one (basically) it's always great!

    By the way, we did your philly cheesesteaks last night... yummy, yummy! I love that meat! I usually try to avoid red meat, but it wasn't too fatty and was super easy to cook.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I read almost that same recipe yesterday. I decided against it because I didn't want to use the oven in this hot weather, so I ended up making a different dish.

    These enchiladas look yummy, though, and I plan to try them when the weather is cooler. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can't wait to check out your list of yummy dishes here! Two weeks in a row, I'm on a roll! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love doing a couple chickens at a time and getting multiple meals from them. The soup looks yummy!
    Thanks so much for hosting!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  18. Score! Getting 2 meals in one is awesome. I use soups a lot in the winter for that very thing. And those enchiladas do look yummy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks so much for stopping by and reminding me of your great link up! I linked up my Margarita Cupcakes.MMM... you chicken soup looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, how I love homemade soups. It's one of the reasons I love fall!
    suchakingdom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. i'm always so impressed with the "presentation" of the recipes! the 'cards' are the bomb!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh thank you so much!!! I love both recipes and will be trying them out!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great idea for simplifying meals! I'm a newbie! Here's my post: http://faithfamilyfoodfun.blogspot.com/2010/08/recipe-for-beef-spinach-shells-w-creamy.html

    Thanks for hosting! =)
    -Adriel

    ReplyDelete