Tasty Tuesdays Bloghop: Grilled Pizza in a Pinch

I was all stoked about making my chili after we froze our kiesters off at the soccer game yesterday (well actually I was in the car watching most of the time which may or may not be why the battery died), but then the weather had to go and flip a switch. It's 85 and hot. And doesn't seem like the ideal chili weather anymore. Geesh! Make up your mind already.

So... grilled pizza it is. One last hoorah for the ol' grill.

Photobucket
When hubs and I were first married we made homemade pizzas together from scratch every weekend. Granted, we were dirt poor back then. But it was a tradition we looked forward to. Not sure what happened, maybe just life. But kids came along and that tradition like many others went out the window.

So, thought it'd be fun to have a homemade pizza night. Although I admit we sorta cheated and bought the crust. Choose your favorite ingredients. Get your family in on toppings.

Photobucket

And Voila. Easy Peasy dinner in a pinch.
Photobucket

Ok, so not as yummy as homemade crust. But still delish.
If you want to opt for a cheaper, yummier, and possibly healthier alternative, here's a great crust recipe. (It's the one we have always used.)

BETTY CROCKER PIZZA DOUGH
1 c. warm water
1 pkg. dry yeast
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. oil
2 1/2 c. flour

Dissolve the dry yeast in the warm water. Mix all ingredients together. Let rise 5 minutes before rolling out.

They also offer pre-made whole wheat crusts at most groceries these days.

Troop Petrie also shared a great money saving tip- 15 large pizza crusts at Sam's for $17. If you make pizzas frequently or have a large family, you could freeze them.

Here's some other yummy pizza ideas from previous linkups:

BBQ Chicken Pizza from Around My Family Table


Muffin Man Pizzas from Ma What's For Dinner- Fun idea for kids!


Hope you are having beautiful weather in your neck of the woods on this lovely day. If so, get out and breathe it in.

I'd love for you to play along. It's a fabulous way to mix it up and find some new favs. Grab the button and then link up below. (This is a bloghop so you can also add the linky to your blog post as well.)

A Beatiful Mess




32 comments

  1. Love making pizza! Those pizza faces are adorable! Thank you for hosting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could link up a pizza!! I have one that I made last week but just haven't written it up yet. AND I made an AWESOME pizza tonight that was new.

    Yours looks great, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I nominated you for an award, return to my blog to see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alicia, your pizzas look incredible, even if the bases weren't homemade (and no one would have known if you hadn't been so honest!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've linked up my latest post about gluten free eating... and a recipe for GF meatballs - with rice! It's a really delicious and easy meal that the kids enjoyed and it took no time to prepare... and for anyone who is not GF, just cook pasta with it, you lucky peoples!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh and YUM those pizzas look GREAT! I'm so glad I'm not DAIRY free!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have made tons of pizza, but never on the grill. I'm really wanting to try it. Thanks for the inspiration and for hosting!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  8. i looveeeeeee pizza. and this looks really yummy. maybe i'll also have one today, this made me ravenous!

    glad to be here...followed you. BTW, thanks for the comment with our charisse pempengco =) her hit's a smash!

    hope you can visit my other blogs too
    HEALTHINFO@EarthyMe
    heartQUAKES
    life round meNyou
    at-a-blink

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum and I'm all about short cuts, especially when it comes to the crust! Never thought of making pizza on the grill. We will have to try it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Princess loves home-made pizzas, sh always maks a face with hers :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lish! Thanks for hosting Tasty Tuesdays! I love making home made pizza and I have a pizza stone, but I have never made it on the grill! This is something I must try! MY recipe this week is for a very fun and actually quite simple stuffed bun filled with taco meat and cheese! Yummy! Hugs! Alex@amoderatelife

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pizza,mmmmm looks good...homestyle cooking...I love it, bbq chicken pizza looks as if it would melt in your mouth...careful not to burn the roof of your mouth...not done that before...NOOOO!! Yvette

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh! Goodness! This looks so good. I am going to be doing this this week. Will be buying ingredients tomorrow! Thank Alicia for sharing!
    Have a great week!
    ~blessings
    Dorcas

    ReplyDelete
  14. There's nothing like homemade pizza and yours look wonderful! I especially like the faces! Our weather has been very erratic lately too - cold one minute and hot the next - but sadly not 85 degrees - we are lucky to get above 65! Thanks for hosting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Grilled pizza is a family favorite. Everyone makes their own, Chad does the grilling, everyone has their specialty pizza and not a whole lot of work for mom. It's win-win!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your pizza looks wonderful! Linking up to your blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I always love a tasty pizza! Alex is so great, I've seen her make those pizzas before and loved them! Thanks so much for hosting and have a great Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OHHHH those look delish!!

    So glad that I found your blog & follow along on your yummy journey:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. looks amazing...and I am hungry; I haven't eatne breakfast yet but would definitely eat this right now if I didn't have to make it myself LOL

    ReplyDelete
  20. Pizza Night at our Cottage is a regular event we love making our own Pizza. Your pizza looks wonderful, it is fun to use the grill.
    Thank You...

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love homemade pizza! I am going to try this one! It looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  22. We love grilled pizza -- it's on our menu this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow! looks really yummy! i am with you on the weather, one day it is chilly and the next it is 80.

    oh...gave you a shout out on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks yummy. Thanks for the great idea, I haven't made pizza with the kids in ages.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love pizza! Thanks for the crust recipe. I think I will use it tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your pizza looks great! We've never tried it grilled. I'll have to put that one on a "to do" list.
    suchakingdom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hey, thanks for linking to my BBQ Chicken Pizza! Yours looks tasty too!

    ReplyDelete
  28. We love pizza very much! Thanks for the recipe too.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for hosting and visiting my site, glad to be part of Tasty Tuesdays Blog Hop, pizza looks great dear..

    ReplyDelete
  30. Pizza is one of my favorite things in the entire world, so I'm always looking for new ways to do it!.

    ReplyDelete