Tasty Tuesdays Bloghop: Peach Crisp

So, there are a couple things I must fess up to.

Confession ONE: Hubs made this dish yesterday. Although I have my opinions about the male species, he actually can work his way around a kitchen quite nicely. That is a HUGE perk for someone like myself who would rather do just about ANYTHING than that. Mucho points to hubs. It does seem to all balance out with his quirky schedule though. Once he starts the nuclear outage here in a few weeks not only will I have dinner duty EVERY flippin night, I won't see him again for a while (because contrary to what they say I have yet to see an outage end on time.) No bitterness, just the way it is. So, it's a nice split. When he's home he cooks more and I for one love it.

Confession TWO: When September rolls around I start thinking about crisps. Summer= Cobblers, Fall= Crisps. At least that is how I have always seen it in my head. And how I like for it to be. This summer hubs made a blackberry cobbler with the blackberries the kids picked. And normally when I think of peaches I think of cobbler, but because it is September, hubs decided to whip up a peach crisp.

See, we were out and about the other day and spotted this peach stand. Colorado peaches, mind you. There is a local church group that has on occasion brought them in and they are mmm, mmm, divine. So, we bought half a crate. I do know that there are better peaches to be had. I lived in GA for a short stint and the GA peach left a hefty print not to be readily forgotten. There are few peaches that live up to those standards, but these Colorado peaches are a nice substitute.

Looking at this photo I can almost smell them. So yummy.

Photobucket

Confession THREE: I have never before blanched a peach. GASP! But in my defense I've never admitted to being a gourmet chef either. So, I learned a thing or two. It was amazing how the skins just fell right off.

{Blanch: This term means to plunge foods into boiling water for a few seconds or a few minutes, then remove and place in ice water. This process sets the color of vegetables, lets you easily peel fruits, and slip the skins off nuts. The food does not cook all the way through, so crisp texture is preserved.}

You can see the steps below from blanching, to slicing, to adding the topping, to the finished product. We topped it with hubs fav, cool whip. You could add any cream of your liking.

Photobucket

The recipe card is here for the taking. (You should be able to print it as a 4x6 card even though I enlarged it for viewing purposes.) As a side note, the recipe calls for a square pan, but we opted for round.

Photobucket

Easy, peasy yummy treat in a pinch. Perfect for fall.

Other fall recipes you might enjoy...

butternut squash casserole or autumn pumpkin loaf from cocina diary

pumpkin soup from great fun 4 kids

or pumpkin applesauce muffins from 1 sentence diary

I thought it would be fun to share some of your recipes from time to time. You can also find others in older tasty tuesday linkies here.

I'd love for you to play along. It's a fabulous way to mix it up and find some new favs. Grab the button and then link up below. (This is a bloghop so you can also add the linky to your blog post as well.)

A Beatiful Mess




If you'd like me to stop by please leave a comment below, preferably with the link or name of your dish.

As always, thanks for stopping by. Happy Tuesday Y'all!


42 comments

  1. WOW! That looks scrumptious! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alicia, that peach crisp looks divine... and thanks for explaining blanching to us!! I had no idea!
    I have linked up my sports party menu, but the html was playing up so I haven't been able to add the button at the bottom :(

    Dictionary Explanation: "Jelly" in NZ = Jell-O for you guys!
    Where I talk about "Jelly crystals" read, "jell-o crystals"
    I tried to change it but kept getting error messages :(
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. my mouth is watering... I need to get some more peaches. although CA peaches arent so great, they are better than nothing! I made peaches and cream muffins recently- they were DELISH.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous pictures!! It looks absolutely delicious! I've never blanched a peach either!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh Alicia - I wish I was eating a big bowl of that peach crisp right now - it looks so good! I don't normally buy a lot of peaches, but for some reason I've really been craving them this summer. I'm making peach sort bread this week and I think I'll be trying your recipe next!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i LOVE your blog! the peach crisp looks AMAZING! have a wonderful night! i am your latest stalker...er, um...follower! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. The crisp looks AMAZING. I must confess, I have never blanched a peach either or tomato for that fact. Your not alone woman!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So what exactly is the difference between a crisp and a cobbler? Does a crisp have crusty stuff on top and the cobbler on the bottom?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was wondering what you meant by "crisp" but as I was reading it began to look familiar. Over here (and I think in the UK) we call it a "crumble". Apple and rhubarb crumble has been a weekly regular in our house over winter, and probably will stay that way until the rhubarb disappears from the farmers markets. So glad my Princess likes it, unlike sauced puddings :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never blanched a peach either...in fact, I had to look at the pictures to confirm what I THOUGHT blanching was...shhhhh.

    The recipe looks delicious and I LOVE cobbler.

    So fun to link up - I rarely cook!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes! Fall = crisps, for sure! Though I always use the canned stuff instead of fresh stuff (gasp!). Don't tell anybody, okay?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. saw this on FB and was craving a crisp and now after seeing the pictures I really want it LOL. I am so ready for fall to begin here it is still hot and I am so ready for pumpkin everything! I hope you are having a good week so far!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Why GOD Whyyyyyy did I read this at 11:30 at night? I'm literally dying for this now. It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now that looks delicious. When September hits here (well, October since usually we have an Indian Summer in Sept) I start thinking about SOUPS. Jellybean will be happy when she starts smelling her favorite soups in the crockpot again.

    Thanks for sharing your recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness!!! I made a blueberry one the other night but this blows it out of the water!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the photos! The crisp looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing this detailed post..Peach Crisp looks lovely and even better made from helping hands! Linked up to Tasty Tuesday, we're all in the changing season it's wonderful to bloghop on Tuesdays, Thanks Yvette.
    http://yvettesblogs.com/2010/09/14/roasted-pumpkin-and-chickpea-salad/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love cobblers and crisps too, and those peaches look mouthwatering! It sounds like a great recipe, and how nice to have it made for you as well :-) Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That looks absolutely delicious!
    I am so glad I came across your blog:)
    I am your newest follower and now I'm off to find
    my recipe for dinner and play along-
    Hope your day is great!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That Peach Crisp looks yummy! I went Sunday to buy peaches and they weren't very good, sadly, so we got apple instead. Now I wish I had some peaches so I could make your crisp.
    Thanks so much for hosting!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  21. The peaches look wonderful, I love peach season! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This looks amazing! And now I am craving any kind of crisp! Way to go to the hubs once again!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have blanched stuff, but I don't know why it hadn't occurred to me to blanch my peaches. I will try it. This crisp looks like the kind my mom used to make. I'll have to make one for my kids. Thanks for the recipe card!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is so funny! I came to add my link for Apple Crisp in and saw you posted Peach Crisp, thats great! It looks really good, I may have to make that soon.

    ReplyDelete
  25. You make this seem awfully easy for someone who doesn't claim to be a gourmet chef.

    ReplyDelete
  26. My mouth is watering right now!!! I love peach crisp and since it's peach season, we will be dining on this for dessert tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This looks so so so good! Now I want to go buy some peaches!

    ReplyDelete
  28. We've been getting great peaches this summer, and I thought I'd baked every possible dessert! This looks fabulous. I've never blanched peaches, either--it always seemed too time-consuming--but I'll have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Alicia! I ADORE peaches too! Oh man, I have a ton of them sitting on my counter and I can barely pass by the kitchen without slicing into one! I dont often stoop to blackmail...but, If you link this recipe to our newly named Hearth n Soul blog hop, I WILL make this and feature it this friday in my I Tried it section! So, please please please do it! :) My recipe this week is a lovely childhood memory that inspired me to make guanabana tropical icecream. Enjoy and you better stop by! :) Alex@amoderatelife

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love peach crisp. Well I kind of love anything with peaches LOL but that really does look amazing and yummy! I added my Cajun Catfish recipe, running late this week ugh...

    ReplyDelete
  31. I've never blanched a peach........why, I'm still unclear. That crisp looks like it was AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  32. We love peaches. Your crisp looks wonderful. I will have to try your recipe. Thank You...

    ReplyDelete
  33. You may have just inspired me to go peach picking this weekend! The photos were great -- the kind you'd see in the food magazines!

    Dawn
    www.thewayiseethings.typepad.com

    May have to join this blog hop next week!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Alicia - wish I had a recipe to share this week. Been taking a little blogging break. I will be ready for next week's Tasty Tuesday. :) you should stop by... I put up your Project Smile button! I am in!! Smiling is my favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. great pics, looks delish and easy....my 2 favs! i tried but couldn't link up?? so if it goes up twice all the sudden, that's why.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great pictures! The crisp looks so yummy. I am going to have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh that looks so yummy. I am now following you I hope you will return the favor http://adventuresofthedomesticatedmama.blogspot.com/2010/09/great-treat-homeade-granola.html

    ReplyDelete
  38. Beautiful photos, of course!! Fresh peaches are wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hey Lish! I told you I would make it and I did! Featured in this article about our family gathering this past weekend. Everyone LOVED it! http://amoderatelife.com/?p=569 Thanks again for the terrific recipe! :) Alex@amoderatelife

    ReplyDelete
  40. I got here too late to leave my link, but I do have my famous pumpkin roll recipe if anyone wants it! check it out:

    http://comeonhome.net/my-sons-friend-was-killed

    ReplyDelete
  41. That looks like it would be good with any kind of fruit- Yum!

    ReplyDelete