Tasty Tuesdays Bloghop: Kid Friendly Cheesy Potato Soup

It's time. Finally. The temps have dropped just a little. Enough that it feels like soup weather. I'm stoked. No promises that I'll feel the same come a week from now when the temps keep dropping, but for now I'm enjoying it.

This is a fav here for many reasons. The kids LOVE it. So much that Pokey asked for it as her birthday dinner in August. Plus it comes from the Betty Crocker kid's cookbook and doesn't get any easier. The kids could manage this one and love to help me. No chopping required unless you do the celery (which we don't). We typically will stop and pick up some bread bowls from Panera. If you don't have a Panera near you, I'm sure you can find them elsewhere. They certainly aren't necessary, but sure add to the yumminess factor. This is what's for dinner tonight.

Photobucket
You can right click and save recipe card as an image and then print on cardstock or photo paper. Enjoy.

Photobucket

You should definitely give it a go. It took me less than 30 minutes from start to finish (which is less than the suggested amounts).

Over the last month or so you have shared so many yummy soup/stew recipes so I'd like to highlight a few of yours today.

1. Beef Barley and Mushroom Soup from Apples to Zuchinni (with printer friendly recipe)

2. 10 Can Chili from Around My Family Table

3. Italian Cheese Tortellini Soup from Sabby in Suburbia (with printer friendly recipe)

4. White Chili from Our Happy Home (with printer friendly recipe)

5. Black Bean Soup from Singing with Birds

6. Sausage Cauliflower Soup from Easy To Be Gluten Free

7. Chicken and Dumpling Soup from Mommy Cooks

8. Taco Stew from Loving My Life

9. Indian Summer Turkey Chili from Typical Suburban Family (with cute recipe card)

10. Pea Souper from The KitchenMaid

11. Lamb Ragout from Cocina Diary

12. Butternut Squash and Apple Soup from Frugal Creativity

13. Grandma's Beef Stew from Yesterday on Tuesday

14. Clam Chowder from Recipes of A Cheapskate

Hopefully one of these will strike your fancy, but if you are in need of more inspiration check out the Tasty Tuesdays archives.

I also wanted to mention that if I didn't make it to your link up in the last couple weeks, I apologize. Life has been nuts. I do LOVE all of the recipes. I look forward to Tasty Tuesdays every week and am always bookmarking favs and referring back to past posts often.

If you enjoy writing down new recipes, here's a link to some free recipe card downloads from How Does She. I especially love the Brown Paper Bag Recipe Cards from Crafting A Green World. Very cute AND environmentally friendly. (It's a start. It's definitely an area I could work on.)

If you would like me to stop by, please leave a comment with the name of your recipe and link if possible.

Thanks so much for participating! If you have one to share this week grab the button and link up.
A Beatiful Mess



25 comments

  1. I love potato soup - your version sounds wonderful! There are SO many good recipes to try!

    Have a wonderful week Alicia, one filled with many blessings!

    Hugs
    Ramona
    http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, that soup looks really good! Potato soup is one of my most favorite fall foods - it's so homey and stick-to-your-ribs tasty. I can't wait to try yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo... this looks so yummy! Anything with bacon is a hit in our house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks yum indeed! Nice presentation too! Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Alicia, gorgeous pics of you and your soup and thanks for the recipe card tip. Might be a better way to go than my current 'forget to bookmark it and hope to remember where it is' system! Have a great week, L

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love soups in the fall with the colder weather. :) There is something so comforting about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so good, and the fact that it was done in less then 30 minutes has me sold! I am going to have to make this! BTW, thank your for highlighting my white chili recipe! Hope you have a wonderful night!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Lish, what awesome soup that is! I will totally try it because my kids love creamy soups and if i can get veggies into them, then wonderful! I am linking up my super easy bone stock. If this doesn't get you making bone stock nothing will! Alex@amoderatelife

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That's a great list of soups! Thanks for sharing and thanks so much for hosting!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  10. The potato soup sounds delicious. Thanks for the recipe card links!

    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gotta love potato cheddar soup! The bacon makes it pop for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Lish
    It's been a while since I linked up
    been a bit quiet in blogland lately, me.
    but I finally threw together a post worthy of tasty tuesday
    hope you like it :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow!! What a great post...just in time for cooler weather!! Im addicted to soup...these all sound fab..I make a mean potato leek soup.....Ill have to give yours a try:)

    Enter my Tulle Giveaway♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. That soup looks awesome! I feel like a squirrel harvesting all the soup recipes for winter.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Frozen potato's are the greatest idea!!! I bet that cuts down on the cooking time big time!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE potato soup and this sounds so easy! Unfortunately, we don't have any Paneras out here in Okinawa (Japan), but it'd be just as easy to find a local bakery to get a large, round, crusty bread loaf and make our own bowls. Great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Potato soup is a favorite at our house too. Yours looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That.sounds.AWESOME!!! I'm definitely trying this one!

    And I love your apron, too ;)

    Next week, I'll have to give my recipe for albondigas soup (Mexican meatball soup) - it's a huge family favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for hosting again, Alicia. Who takes your picture when you cook? I have tried this and my kids end up taking pictures of the fan or the tile. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  20. Another great recipe...I love potato and leek soup, must try this version..sound deliciously tempting!Yvette
    http://yvettesblogs.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Alicia, the potato soup looks delicious! And you look beautiful as always!!!
    Hug´s,
    Verena

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh Alicia! I know this is some kind of COMFORT!
    Cheesy Potato Soup!
    YUM!
    Never thought of putting the hash browns in it!
    And I just LOVE how you display the recipes!
    What program do you use to create the recipe cards!?
    And you my dear...are just adorable in the kitchen!
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  23. One of my favourite soups...similar to my recipe. YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sorry I'm late in replying. Spent most of Tuesday at the vet's office with my sick dog.

    I love soup and recently started eating potato soup, so yours looks very good. Thanks for sharing your version for us to try. Special things for the blog party too.

    ReplyDelete