Tasty Tuesdays Bloghop: Monday Night Football Snacks

These aren't the peanuts and popcorn kinda snacks. These are hearty Monday night football snacks. And mmm, mmm good! Thanks to a little inspiration from hubs and good 'ole Martha. (Even though she's currently not on my people I love list.) She does have some great chefs working for her who put together some good stuff. What can I say?

Today's recipes are Sweet-And-Sour Drumsticks and Tater Skins. Both were hits here.

Photobucket

(The drumsticks are a take on Martha's sweet-and-sour wings and the tater skins are our own thing.)

Sweet-And-Sour Drumsticks

Gather your ingredients:
1/2 cup each soy sauce, white vinegar, & honey
3 garlic cloves, smashed and diced
sm piece ginger root thinly sliced
1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
3 1/2 pounds drumsticks

Photobucket

Then preheat oven to 475 degrees. In a saucepan mix liquid ingredients, garlic, and ginger. Simmer until reduced about half. (Cornstarch can be used to thicken if necessary.) Strain ginger and garlic from sauce. Cook chicken for about 40 min. Combine chicken and sauce in lg bowl to coat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.

Photobucket

Here's a card for the taking. Just copy it as an image and print on cardstock or photopaper.
Photobucket

And here are the Tater Skins in all their glory...

Photobucket

To make these cut the sides off a potato. Bake at 475 degrees for about 25 min. Then remove and add salt, cheese, and bacon. Garnish with sour cream and gobble them up. You could use the scrap potatoes to make french fries if desired.

There ya have it. My take on some yummy Monday Night Football Snacks.

What are you cookin up these days? Grab the button and share your recipes below. (This is a bloghop so feel free to snag the linky as well.)

A Beatiful Mess



32 comments

  1. Hi Alicia, this sounds stunning. I love your recipes for the drumsticks and the taters, and hope to try both soon! Especially the drumsticks! My first time participating in your blog party, thanks for hosting! Hope you'll check out my Friday potlucks sometime! :)

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm...YUM..okay? Just YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm, those snacks look so tasty!!

    Thanks for the link party! Can't wait to check out all the yummy recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my! You can't get any better with wings and skins for football food fare! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my...those pics are making my mouth water. i love tater skins! and the chicken looks delicious! who cares about the game when you have snacks like that?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy! Simply Yummy! I'll make these and let you know how they turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! I'n new to your blog hop/blog. It's lovely! I'm glad I stumbled upon it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum!! Those potatoes sound too easy not to make ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. monday night football can only be made better with these delicious treats! how about that game tonight? wowza! thanks for hosting this great blog hop

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy! I love both recipes and am definitely making them soon :)I linked up a cake (like that was a surprise LOL) I need to stop baking and soon LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. The potatoes look to die for!!! Thanks my dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lish! Wow, your football feast sure looks tempting. My hubs will be over in oh, say 6 hours! :) My recipe this week is for a quick and healthy personal sized Saturday Brunch Omlettes for those rare lazy saturdays when you have plenty of time to enjoy cooking wiht your family! Hugs! Alex@amoderatelife

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds wonderful! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love, love, love both of these ad will definitely have to give them a go! Not many places or people do potato skins out here, but they are soooo good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. these look great Lish! I wished that I could cook half as good as you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love these ideas!!! I'll be cooking them up this Sunday for sure!!!

    Lots of yummy love,
    Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
    www.mawhats4dinner.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. You recipe sounds delicious and healthy too. I'll be trying it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your recipes look absolutely delish! I especially like the sound of the marinade on the chicken. Thanks for hosting Tasty Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The taters look particularly scrumptions - like right now I could eat some (and it's 11pm!) LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I will definitely be trying the drumsticks--my husband would LOVE them! Thanks for the recipe : )

    ReplyDelete
  21. So glad I found you Just linked up to the party and your food looks amazing!! I am your newest follower. Stop over for a visit soon

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great food for a great evening with family and friends.
    Thank you for sharing and having us over every week.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm pretty sure these will absolutely be a hit at my place too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Those drumsticks look delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. "bad" good food is the best tasting good food there is!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. love football appetizers. new take on the wings, i like it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love a big plate of football food! Those wings look delicious and lick my fingers tasty! Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ooh, those potato skins look so delicious! And I love all your photos and how you arranged them in the post. Your blog always looks so good :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. YUMMMMM!!!!! We had the same thing in mind this week :o) gotta LOVE MNF with some great food!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great recipes. I bookmarked this page.

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete