Tasty Tuesdays Bloghop: Mom's Pink Stuff


In need of one last minute side for that Thanksgiving feast? Got a winner for ya.

A secret ancient Danish recipe thanks to my mom-in-law. Ok, so not so Danish. Or ancient. Or secret anymore. But it is a fav of hubs. There is no feast complete without the pink stuff. And it has now been adopted by my own mother and family members, particularly when hubs is present.

This is the original copy you will find in my collection of recipes, written by the very hand of my sweet, Danish mom-in-law. It is a must have, dear to my hub's heart kinda recipe. One that we all treasure.

Photobucket

And let me apologize for the quality. Taken by an iphone and texted to another iphone by hubs himself. After a long 8 hour drive to KY with the kidlets I am exhausted. Luckily no kids were left on the side of the road and we all made it in one piece with sanity intact. But boy is that drive a killer.

So, back to my point. The photo. When all else fails, technology can sure be a lifesaver. And yes, this is the same girl that dropped the "I'm having an... all things techy burnout" on twitter. Even after I badmouth it to it's face- it still pulls through for me in my hour of need.

But because I'm kind I'll throw in an easier to read version.

Mom's Pink Stuff
1 large strawberry jello
1 can pineapple
2 cups buttermilk
1 12 oz cool whip

Heat jello and pineapple in sauce pan to boiling. Put in refrigerator to jell slightly. Then stir in buttermilk. Last, fold in cool whip. Refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving. Makes 9x13 pan.


The absolute best kind of recipe. Few ingredients. Thrown together in a pinch. A perfect addition to any meal. Sure to be a crowd pleaser. And if you'd ask hubs, anything with cool whip is a winner.

Feel free to link up any recipe you would like to share. I'm sure we all have some fab recipes on the brain with this being Thanksgiving week and all.

I have much to be thankful for and what a wonderful holiday that gives us reason to reflect on the many blessings in our lives. Wishing you and yours a wonderful holiday filled with family, fun, and much good food.

21 comments

  1. Yummy...you could use almost any flavor of jello and it would be good!

    Happy Thanksgiving, my friend. Hope you have a wonderful one! xoxxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! This sounds easy and good! Two things you can't go wrong with!

    I hope you and the family have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the recipe card, and the recipe looks great. Thank you for sharing and thank you for hosting. Hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm all about Cool Whip and the color pink. Bring on the pink stuff! lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You pinks stuff sounds wonderful!! Thanks so much for hosting and Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum - Pink Stuff sounds delicious! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love recipes that are handed down in the family. I think everyone has their own dish that's like "the pink stuff", a dish that if it were missing, would make Thanksgiving incomplete. Happy Thanksgiving and have a wonderful time with family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for hosting. My mother-in-law always made "pink stuff", though she called it "pink fluff", it was delicious.

    -Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds a lot like our white jello recipe. Except we use unflavored gelatin, lemon juice, cream cheese and cool whip.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've had green fluff, but this pink fluff sounds soooo much better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sounds delicious, and lighter than most of the fare we'll be sharing on Thursday!

    I love recipes that are passed around the family like that - it's my goal to, over time, record my recipes either in a notebook or on the computer (though there is something so nice about handwriting). I can't tell you how many times my husband has wished out loud that his grandmom had written things down.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad you're doin this today! I almost thought it wasn't gonna happen! My mom and MIL make something similar to the Pink Fluff...I love it!
    Happy Thanksgiving Lish :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum! I love fruity, creamy, jello-ey things like that! And I used to have those same recipe cards!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the name. Pink Stuff. LOL It does sound good though!
    I totally made a recipe for you but I haven't had time to write it up. We'll see how the day goes, but Happy Turkey Day if I don't make it back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for hosting Alicia! Your mom's recipe sounds delish!

    I'm linking up my kick butt apple pie today. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Lish! All the best to you and your family for a lovely thanksgiving! my mother in law makes something similar, but I thought it was an old pilgrim recipe. That is what she told me! The jello salad is a traditional new england favorite! :) I am linking up my coconut oil giveaway just in time for holiday baking season! All the best, alex

    ReplyDelete
  17. The pink stuff sounds wonderful. My grandmother used to make something like it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pink stuff! Brilliant. Everything looks so good. Oh my goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I used to have a recipe similar to pink stuff and lost it. I am so happy to have this! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMGosh! Anything Pink is sure to be a hit in this house! Thanks for hosting this! I have linked up my yummy Oreo goodness. And became your newest follower!

    Jeana
    inplaceofhercrown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete