Week 45 {365} Reasons to Laugh

Went to Little Man's concert. Had to postpone dinner and fight for a parking spot, but made it in a timely fashion for the perfect spot. Or so I thought...

Photobucket

Then I went about the task of locating my child in the crowd. I had to think for a minute.

Photobucket

Oh yeah. He was wearing this shirt. Trust me, it was better than the alternative.

Still couldn't spot him. Then I realized he must be smack in the middle. Behind the lovely conductor.

Photobucket
Hrrumph.

But wait... he is moving.

Photobucket

Hmm...
Photobucket

And a closer look...
Photobucket

So, I fought the crowd to have a lovely view of the top of my kid's head. What can I say? Regardless it made Little Man happy. Plus I had a good chuckle.

When you have kids- exotic, luxurious lives are a thing of fantasy. I'm livin the humble, real life of a mom. Today we organized the garage, all kids helped, mine or not. Friday night we played chutes and ladders. My son is going through an "I don't flippin care" phase that makes me nuts at times.

And there are rarely dull moments.

Little Man is out sculping clay, so he says. But when I peeked outside to check up on him I spied my 11 year old boy skipping with some neighbor kids. Yesterday I found a bowl of mud on my front porch.

Photobucket

He wanted me to sign a consent form for him to build a stage in the basement. Oh, and he's diggin a hole to China in his fort across the street. But photos aren't allowed until it's completed.

With Pokey we are never short on laughs. She informed me this week that "apple juice is so yesterday". And were you aware that "you can tell if someone is popular by the way they wiggle their butt"? Accordingly to my 9 year old it is fact.

And when I went out to clean out the garage I found a pile of kids hanging in the boat jamming to Black Eyed Peas.
Photobucket

Gotta love em.

I've been down with my 80 year old hip. Turns out I'm a bit of a freak. Not exactly symmetrical. And running might not be the exercise of choice for me. Sigh.

So, I'm thankful for kids that give me reason to laugh.

Not many pics this week. But the few I got speak volumes about our life. And as I get older I realize it's those less than stellar, imperfect photo op kinda days that we will remember when all is said and done.

Happiness doesn't come in a perfect package.
Photobucket

Hubs made an appearance in the nick of time for Little Man's concert. (Top left photo.)

And my Turkey Hash was featured over at Kludgy Mom yesterday. You can check it out here.

14 comments

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAA! I LOVE the pic of little man posing with his mud bowl. seriously good stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post!! It's hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always look forward to your pictures, they are always amazing! I wish I had a fancy camera and some photography skill! Editing software wouldn't hurt either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hilarious post and the same thing has happened to me so many times. We try so hard to capture the moment that sometimes it's great for a chuckle. Enjoy the humble, real life of a mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved your blog. Your kids are hilarious! That is too funny about Connor's concert. I'm glad you got a picture of him in the hall to mark the occasion! How did his solo go?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute post! Aren´t kids the best antidepressants? And what about "less than exotic?" Hey, soon you´ll have a whole to China in your backyard, if that isn´t exotic, I don´t know what is :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I genuinely do not know how you found your child in that crowd. I think I would have freaked.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love, love it! My kids are always digging holes in my yard. The consent form is awesome. I used to always be able to find my son because of his blonde head in the crowd. This year they let in umpteen blonde boys with longish hair. What were they thinking! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos. Love your collage. Too funny about the concert.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL! So funny he was behind the conductor.

    You have such a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha!! That is hilarious!! And I just love seeing all of your pics - they make me so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, you are full of the funny stuff today! Isn't it typical that you find the awesome-est spot to take in your own kid (who cares about all those others?!) and then you can't even see them!

    You and me both on the running thing. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This post was too funny! Go figure that someone who loves capturing moments with your camera can't even see her kid, each time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ha! i've got to learn the connection between butt wiggling & popularity :)
    i'm now following you on twitter, btw.

    ReplyDelete