Tasty Tuesdays Bloghop: Gunther the Reindeer and Krispies the Snowman

If you have kids or are a kid at heart, here's some great snow day ideas. I am a hoarder of great ideas. Feel free to send them my way. These are the ones we just made this last week. It was actually a half day, but too cold to play outside so perfect for a cold winter day shut in.

While perusing bloggyland I always bookmark my favs. I found this over at little nummies. What a fun one. We actually couldn't find any of our cookie cutters and it still turned out cute.

Gunther the Reindeer
Photobucket

Photobucket

To make GUNTHER:
Make any sandwich you would like.
Use a heart shaped cookie cutter to cut out the head.
Cut a mini marshmallow in half.
Press mini choc chips on the sticky side for eyes.
A red M&M for the nose.
Use scraps of the sandwich for ears.
Cut pieces of crust for the antlers.

Krispies the Snowman
I found this next one on the Rice Krispie's box in the checkout lane. Had Little Man go snatch up some of the things we might need. Wish we'd found larger gumdrops, but still very fun. A great way to spend an afternoon.
Photobucket

Just gather ingredients, set kids loose, take a pic, then pig out. (Check your local supermarket for the recent box with recipe.)
Photobucket

To make KRISPIES:
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 package (10 oz, about 40) regular marshmallows
or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
6 cups Kellogg's Rice Krispies cereal
1 cup flaked coconut (optional)
10 large gumdrops
5 pretzel sticks, broken in half
Canned frosting or decorating gel
M&M's

1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.

2. Add Kellogg's Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.

3. Using 1/2-cup, 1/3-cup, and 1/4-cup measuring cups coated with cooking spray divide warm cereal mixture into five 1/2-cup portions, five 1/3-cup portions, and five 1/4-cup portions. Using buttered hands shape each portion into a ball. Cool slightly.

4. Stack cereal balls into snowmen. Use coconut for snow if desired. Use frosting to attach gumdrops and other candies. Decorate as desired.

(I think licorice may have been more fun for the scarves. The sky is the limit. Little Man made an alien and Pokey made a miniature one.)

I've shared this next snowman numerous times on my blog. It was found on a news channel video (A MUST SEE- click on link for numerous cute ideas) last year. No going wrong with peanut butter cups, but I think rolos would work well too.

Photobucket
The card is here for the taking. Just right click and save as image. Print on photo paper or cardstock. Enjoy.

Hope you have a fun filled, holiday week with your loved ones!! Make sure to check out the bloghop below even if you don't participate yourself. A fabulous way to find great recipes, particularly around the holidays.



A Beatiful Mess



20 comments

  1. How cute! Those snowmen are adorable...my kids would enjoy this and it wouldn't take a lot of ingredients! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've just gotta be a hoot to live with! So fun and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the snowmen idea. I'm going to have to do that with my boy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those snowmen are just precious! Thank you for sharing and hosting us today. Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those snowmen!! What a great idea to make them out of doughnuts and rice krispy treats. Love it! Thanks for the fun link party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the reindeer sandwiches. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh these all look so good. I have nothing to share but I sure will be checking things out.
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  8. they look sooooo adorable, can't wait to make and charm my daughter !

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those Rice Krispie Snowmen - so cute! Actually all our recipe ideas are cute this week - especially the reindeer sandwiches! Thank you so much for hosting and have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are too cute! They did a great job! :)

    Merry CHRISTmas!!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  11. What wonderful pictures and children Love it. have a wonderful Christmas holiday

    ReplyDelete
  12. Linked up with a leftover idea for the holidays. Thanks for hosting.

    Wendy
    Around My Family Table

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for hosting. Love the reindeer sandwich. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for hosting!
    I linked to my recipe for Maple Pecan Cookies.
    They are gluten free but can also be made with "regular" flour if you don't have an issue with gluten.
    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really love Gunther the Reindeer! What a great idea! Thanks for sharing, Alicia!
    Have a great Christmas time with your Family!
    Hug´s,
    Verena

    ReplyDelete
  16. These look yummy! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just blogging around this evening and found your blog. I just love those snowman, they look really yummy and cute as can be. Thank you for letting me visit.
    Susan
    http://amazingcouponanddiscountdeals.blogspot.com
    http://joininandgogreen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I totally made the reindeer sandwiches AND the Rice Krispie snowmen today! Hehe - thanks for the fun ideas...
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such cute ideas, Alicia! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love both your doughnut and krispies snowmen! So creative and adorable! I wish I had kids to make this with, but I just may have to do this with me and my fiancee!!

    ReplyDelete