I Heart Faces: Heart Challenge

I rarely enter contests or challenges. Maybe it's the noncompetitive nature in me. Or maybe it's because I don't feel confident in my work. Whatever the reason, I am expanding myself today. Moving outside of my comfort zone and adding this photo to the hundreds over at I Heart Faces.


Photobucket



This week's theme is HEARTS. And one of the requirements is to include the human face in the photo.

I love this photo- for a few reasons.

One. I am actually taking an SLR class from Faith at Simplicity right now to become more confident in my manual modes. This morning I was attempting different aperture priority settings to curve my depth of field. {Aperture: f/5.6 Shutter: 1/125 ISO: 1000} Not sure why the ISO was set so high, but it seemed to work. One homework assignment down using natural light in my home on an overcast day.

Two. It was definitely not what I had in my mind. I had purchased some heart shaped silly bands as a prop and totally hated the result. None of them turned out as I envisioned in my head.

Then Pokey held up her thumb, which by the way, she painted all by herself last night. And voila! Love the result. And love that it represents something about her.

Three. After hemming and hawing over the perfect valentine cards this year I realized that- DUH! This would work perfectly. My search is finally over. I will print them up and what a fun, personalized card for her little friends.

But FYI: I was so tempted to do the matchbook valentines over at eighteen 25. If you are a little last minute and still haven't found the perfect cards, here's the link for the valentine card download.

I'm also participating in Willette's Joy of Love class and desperately trying to keep up. This will definitely work for one of the prompts, but I may or may not share the other 27 days. Don't hold your breath.


23 comments

  1. So clever! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very creative pic, love it! Great job

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! Great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Awesome. Glad you are participating. She did good on the painting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really, really LOVE this picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you're way too hard on yourself - I've always loved your images so I can only expect to be that much more impressed with your work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWESOME pic!! LOVE the creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love this idea! great image! and the cute font on my blog was built into my blog design. not quite sure how to do it on my own. but you can find free fonts online to add to your computer. maybe you can google it and figure it out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Honestly, you have one of the greatest blogs ever. I have never read a post that wasnt totally fabulous! Today after reading this post, I realized I need to take one of those online photo classes, and my Valentine Card dilemma is solved! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this! Fun...sweet...simple. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just discovered your blog and find it so inspiring. Your photography is wonderful. I love your heart shot. Very nice! Lovely focus. I just finished Faith's photography course. Loved it and so will you, I'm sure:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This did turn out great. A little Valentine serendipity!
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are so creative, Lish! Good for you for participating in that contest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That will make a perfect V-day card! So creative and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this picture, it is so cute. I love that it has her face in it but that it is not in focus.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Totally so cute! I love your creative ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing photos as always! Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete