B-A-L-A-N-C-E

Life is a delicate balancing act. And every now and again we all find ourselves teetering on a ledge. One slight movement in the wrong direction and our world could come crashing down around us.

Photobucket

It is imperative that we make our way out of our balancing slump before it is too late.

No one says it better than Dr Suess in Oh, the Places You’ll Go!.

“You’ll be on your way up! You’ll be seeing great sights!
You’ll join the high fliers, who soar to high heights.

You won’t lag behind, because you’ll have the speed.
You’ll pass the whole gang and you’ll soon take the lead.
Wherever you fly, you’ll be the best of the best.
Wherever you go, you will top all the rest.

Except when you don’t. Because, sometimes, you won’t.
I’m sorry to say so but, sadly, it’s true
and Hang-ups can happen to you.

You can get all hung up in a prickle-ly perch.
And your gang will fly on. You’ll be left in a Lurch.

You’ll come down from the Lurch with an unpleasant bump.
And the chances are, then, that you’ll be in a Slump.

And when you’re in a Slump, you’re not in for much fun.
Un-slumping yourself is not easily done.”
-Dr. Seuss

15 comments

  1. You know the juggling balls theory... I think every once in a while I look up and realize that I have 57 balls that I am trying to juggle, how can one possibly have balance with all of that? great topic

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new look, girl! Wow. Only a fantastically gorgeous self like you can get away with that closeup in the header. Mine would be all pores :) snort.

    It looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am loving the new look. We are Dr.Suess fans at the Bungalow : )
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Except that normally I would spell Seuss correctly ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that Dr Suess Poem
    Sorry i haven't been round much lately... and I missed your cool-as winter wordless post. that was pretty amazing. We don't get winters like that here.
    No snow in sight.
    Hugs to you (and yay for the redecorating; your blog seems to fit on my screen better now)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the post great look and feel to the page

    ReplyDelete
  7. Truer words were probably never spoken ;)
    The search for balance...I think it's a life-long journey.
    I feel like Spring will help me feel more balanced...maybe a fanciful dream but it's workin' for me right now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE Seuss and I love, love, LOVE your new look! Awesome header!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The look is great AND? Eddie and I just read this book last night...gets me every time about how true it is.

    Good old Dr. S!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Dr. Seuss poem! And balancing life? Is it really ever possible? I'm still trying...

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks. I just sat up straighter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. "Maintain an even strain." Or at least that's what I always say. Just ask my kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You know, I have found time and again that children's lit holds the key to all of life. The deepest and truest lessons are to be found in the pages of Dr. Seuss and the like.

    ReplyDelete