Good to Wow Photo Challenge

One of the things I love most about photography is the creative freedom I have as an artist, from the initial thought to the finished product and everything in between.

Today I thought I'd participate in Ashley's Sisk's Good to Wow meme. The theme is flowers, and if you are anywhere near here you know full well that unless you are shooting artificial there are no flowers to be found. So, I cheated a bit. This was a crap shot I snapped in a nature walk we took last fall. Not a macro or a fancy lens. Just your average run-of-the-mill for this one. I never meant to do anything with the photo, but decided to give it a try for this challenge.

Photobucket

I cropped the photo, did some basic edits, added texture, added photo filters, adjusted the hue, flattened image, copied, changed it to b&w, and then added back some of the color.

I'm sure there are simpler methods to achieve this effect. I tend to do things the long way.

Photobucket

Not a spectacular photo, but a vintage piece that would be great on a canvas or with the right frame.

Isn't it amazing what you can do with a simple photo? It never ceases to amaze me. Just stop over and check out some of the other entries. You'll see what I mean. Ah-MAZING!!

7 comments

  1. I'm so glad you jumped in (and if my site wasn't down, I'm sure you'd link up). I love the use of texture in this shot. Gives it a nice vintage touch. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You inspire my very dull creative side. I just got a camera. I can't wait to play with it all summer. Starting to feel "complete" here in Sharp ville!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is amazing! That is beautiful! I love the vintage look and would definitely hang it on my wall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That turned out so cool! I wish I had your mad skillz ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore that edit! Definitely something I would frame for my office

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the softness! I just started using my first SLR camera yesterday and posted my first pictures. YAY! (for my inexperience, it is fun to use the picnik.com editing program) Will look forward to learning more with this photo challenge. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete