WW: This is life.

It's hard to turn on the news or even your smart phone these days without learning of more sadness in the world. Sometimes I wonder if so much technology is such a good thing.

Sunday night I popped "The Impossible" into the DVD player not knowing it was a re-creation of the 2004 Tsunami in Indonesia that killed nearly 300,000 people. The movie was haunting and raw and served as a powerful reminder of the human spirit and the fragility of life. And it certainly made me want to squeeze my loved ones a little tighter... If you haven't yet watched it, bring tissues and brace yourself... I have not been able to shake it.

As I lay awake last night with random thoughts running amuck, I decided it was time to stop hoarding photos in my hard drive- it was time to put them somewhere they could be viewed regularly.

Rather than focus on the sadness and depressing world events that are an inevitable part of the human experience, we need to surround ourselves with beautiful, happy memories. We need to live in the present, celebrate the blessings we've been given and not take a single day for granted.
 photo aprillife750px_zps9af284f4.jpg
family gardening | tender moments with little man  | the peach orchard after a bout of sickness | afternoon of beach cycling | baking goodies | feeling small(er) | family walk along the river | sunshine on a cloudy day | outing with hubs | green photo shoot | fun with cousins | beautiful wildflowers | little man running through the orchard | ice cream with the kiddos | crafting a butterfly streamer | family time in hilton head

Rebecca of Simple as That has put together a series of collages to help us get our photos off our computers/phones and into frames! They are lovely, simple designs and so easy to use. I'm excited to start putting some of our everyday life happiness on the walls! You can find her templates here.

The photos above are just a few of the many fabulous memories from April. So much to be grateful for!

I hope that you will look for the smiles in your life amidst the hurdles and heartaches.

That's all for now. Thanks so much for stopping by! In case you're new here- welcome!
-------------------------------------

This is Wordless Wednesday, but as you can see, I have a hard time keeping it wordless. Wordful or Not So Wordless posts are always welcome here at Project Alicia. You can grab my button in the sidebar but it is not required to participate. Just grab any photo and come link up! And if you'd like to connect with other WW participants, click HERE or one of the thumbnails below.

The Paper MamaPhotobucketPhotobucketseven clown circusPhotobucketBetter in BulkPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

27 comments

  1. So awesome. There is a lot of heart break these days. I do need to start printing more every day moments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at that chair...holy motha (and ohhh so much fun to be had with that...the images one could capture)!!

    I love "celebrate the blessings we've been granted and not take a single day for granted". Life has thrown us some crazy curve balls in the last year and we have learned the hard way to appreciate what we have and more importantly, who we have in our life as we never know when we will lose them. Sigh, here's to many great memories to come and a celebration for those that we have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I can't even imagine watching that movie..it would be so overwhelming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great reminder to us all. Yes, we shouldn't take every single day for granted.
    Beautiful post, Alicia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a conversation about that today - how depressing and scary some things are in our world right now. But we do need to remember how good we have it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agreed, every day is special and wonderful and should be appreciated fully!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie DevereauxWednesday, 01 May, 2013

    I love Rebecca from Simple as That! She has inspired me to start Project Life and actually get my pictures off my computer. I should also use some of her collages and frame some of them too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too rather celebrate the blessings that I have in life and spend time with my family then worry about the bad things that happen around us. Lovely collage.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely way of looking at the positive. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Desirae RasmussenWednesday, 01 May, 2013

    You are so right about living in the now. We had been having lots of stress here, so last week we decided to take a family day in the middle of the week and head out to the zoo to have some fun with the kids. With 3 under 3 life gets pretty stressful. It was nice just to treasure the time with the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent post, excellent pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a great post. thank you. the collage is awesome. i will take a look!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lish, that´s a good idea to make a beautiful collage as you always do and put it in a frame. I need to do that, too. Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog! You made my day! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't seen this movie yet. So much is swirling around us all the time (news, life, stress) that makes us forget, I do have to remind myself to value every day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Serendipity is SweetWednesday, 01 May, 2013

    What a great reminder! I have been so caught up in work lately that I have neglected my personal photos. You are right! They do no good sitting on a hard drive buried in my filing system.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the collage!! And so true! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your so right!!! Beautiful! I need to start doing this myself. I think I'll give up sleep like you did. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just love Rebecca's new venture- she makes some really beautiful things for her shop. Love the collage.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great way to display your every day photo ops. I'll have to check this out! Thanks for sharing with all your WW buds!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful photos, I'm definitely checking out the templates.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I loved seeing the best of April, and what a great template!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful post! I agree wholeheartedly that we need to cherish the moments we have been given and not dwell on all the other "stuff" that is going on. Your collage is beautiful also! Such a great way to present those memories!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Another great photo collage.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com/2013/04/atoz-meets-ww-z-for-zombies.html

    ReplyDelete
  24. I agree there is so much sadness all around that we need to seek out happiness! And surround ourselves with those who make us happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. noelle d @ jumpin Beans BlogMonday, 06 May, 2013

    love the post... and all the photos in the collage ;)

    ReplyDelete