WW: Pine Island

One of the perks of my husband's job is membership to this beautiful place known as Pine Island.

 photo pineislandcollage1_zps500e3297.jpg

Lake Murray is approximately 50,000 acres and the island is situated on a beautiful chunk. There's plenty of critters and treasures to keep the kids happy. I'll spare ya the nasty ones ;)

 photo IMG_8852889px_zps70834ce1.jpg

Plus it's a cheap date and a lovely way to escape the world. There's very few places I'd rather be.

 photo IMG_8976edit889px_zps5a3f495b.jpg

This past weekend we spent several evenings there unwinding from our house hunting adventures. Ever try to finish a puzzle without all the pieces? Or a rubik's cube with half the stickers? That's a little how my life feels at the moment. We're limited by a budget, proximity to hub's work, kid's schools, and neighborhoods with amenities (specifically a pool since public ones don't exist) as well as an entire list of other things that are proving to make this an insurmountable task. And although we understand that there is no perfect home, we'd love to find something that feels right. And after more than a year and a half of renting, we're beyond ready to get settled. So, the search continues...

 photo collage2_zps59259585.jpg

My blog and personal life have been neglected. The house search is beginning to be all consuming, leaving me sleep deprived and in a habitual state of exhaustion. For those long time Project Alicia followers, you know that we've not had the best of luck with homes and that this is no small decision. If you're a praying individual we could use a few more on our behalf.

 photo IMG_9012edit2_zps43934023.jpg

So, we escape to Pine Island to partake in the breathtaking beauty and peace that abounds there.

 photo IMG_9326889px_zps906ee55a.jpg

I hope you enjoy this glimpse of the island via untouched iphone snaps. You may have seen a few of these on instagram.

If you don't already follow me, I'm at projectalicia. It's the one place I still frequent when life gets hairy- so let's connect.

Instagram

And rest assured, this is definitely not the end of Pine Island. You'll be seeing plenty more in the coming months. My kids would live there if I let them. And when we can't make it to the ocean (which is 2-3 hrs away) this sure hits the spot.

We still have a couple weeks of school left here but are looking forward to the summer fun ahead!
---------------------

This is Wordless Wednesday. Or in my case, Not so Wordless. You can grab my button in the sidebar but it is not required to participate. Just grab any photo and come link up! And if you'd like to connect with other WW participants, click HERE or one of the thumbnails below. It's a fun way to meet some new folks!

The Paper MamaPhotobucketPhotobucketseven clown circusPhotobucketBetter in BulkPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

38 comments

  1. So sorry to hear the house hunting is such a difficult task. I hope you find something soon. At least you have this piece of paradise to comfort you through the rough times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. kate @ ramblingsfromutopiaTuesday, 28 May, 2013

    Love the flip-flop photo! We;ve moved 7 times in 6 years and are finally settling in hopefully for a very long time, I totally get it and what a beautiful place to escape, sending good house hunting vibes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice perk, by the way. I can totally see the desire to live there. As to the house hunting, I gave up on that years ago, and have been a (mostly) satisfied apartment dweller for the past 25 years or so. Good luck, and don't let the [REDACTED] get you down! Thoughts and prayers heading your way.


    Happy WW!
    ~EdT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so nice to see you and your family get away and enjoy that southern beauty! I know how stressful this has been for you guys. Hoping as well as sending some prayers for you to find something that is just right very soon! Hoping sleep finds you as we'll my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Krsity, Life-n-ReflectionTuesday, 28 May, 2013

    I know exactly what you mean. No one should have to settle for a home that doesn't feel right. We got really lucky find our home in a mere 4 days when my husband's job transferred across five states.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck in your continued search for a new home! Pine Island is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a lovely place to spend your evenings and your kids look like they are having a wonderful time! What a great perk this is! Also, believe that you will find the perfect house in God's perfect timing. When I feel "stuck", I always make a concerted effort to find out what God is teaching... and once I learn it.... usually I am immediately "unstuck". Will say a prayer for you

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cheap dates always seem to turn out to be the most fun, right? Not to mention it's a gorgeous place to recharge from the stress of house hunting. :) Love all the shots - and I'll definitely keep you in my thoughts and prayers that the perfect (for you) house miraculously appears. We'll be going through the same stressful situation when we move back to Washington State this summer - I'm hoping the hunt won't take too long since we'll be staying with my parents while we look. I love my parents, but I'm gonna want to get into our own house sooner rather than later to maintain whatever sanity I have left. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm praying for you. My family is on a home hunt too, except I fear that we're going to have the opposite problem--selling our current home. Hopefully, we will both be in our new perfect homes by the time school resumes! *fingers crossed*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous photos! Sending you positive vibes for the house hunting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wishing you the best in house hunting!! Crossed toes! And what wonderful photos of a great break away from the humdrum and hectic life! Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wishing you the best in house hunting. Hope you find the home of your dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a really relaxing getaway you had.. love the beach pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These photos look so calm and beautiful! <3


    I hope you find home soon! The right house will come soon or later!!! :) Hang in there and try to relax sometimes too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, this is a very beautiful place! Good luck with finding the right house. I´ll keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful beautiful island!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a beautiful place to escape to! And I'm definitely praying for you mama. I know the feeling of renting for soooo long, we're still in that boat since our move to a new state, so I feel ya! Hoping your search for YOUR home turns up something right very soon. xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. relaxing

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful pics! Looks like you had so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have my prayers. House hunting is never easy. Your photo's are beautiful as ever though! Looks like you had a nice restful get-away. You'll find something soon.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks like a lot of fun! What a wonderful collection of pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Alicia, I do send prayers that soon the house you seek will be yours. Thank you for sharing your down time at Pine Island and for hosting a lovely hop. xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's a big decision. Take your time and be at peace with it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a spectacular way to spend time with family Lish- beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful photos, as always! I will be praying and crossing all I've got that you'll find the perfect home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  26. totally get what you mean about limited budget and finding a place, it can be so frustrating. Hope you find one soon. Happy WW, love the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love your photos! The beach is amazing! I'm crossing my fingers that you find the perfect place very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a gorgeous place!!! Beautiful photos!! Thanks for the fun link-up :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. The pictures are beautiful. It so looks like my kind of place. Sending lots of luck and positive thoughts your way for the house hunt. I hope, you'll find something close to what you are looking for soon.

    ReplyDelete
  30. love the pictures, makes me feel that summer is near!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love the way you narrate your pictures so perfectly and so eloquently. Good luck on the house hunt. Absolutely beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Looks like a fun day! We still have a few more weeks of school left too, but it's going to fly by!
    I wish you the best of luck house hunting :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wish I was there!

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com/2013/05/wordless-wednesday-meet-mowgli.html

    ReplyDelete
  34. beautiful. i think i love the shoes pic the most ;)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Such a lovely oase to stay & be refreshed! Praying that you'll find a good house that is meeting the needs of your Family!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wow. I'd like to come next time. Pretty please? :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Pine Island looks like the perfect spot to get away and "forget it all"!! any place that has sand is somewhere I want to be. :) great photos. i'm glad you had time to spend with your family. praying you find a house soon!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Seems like you had a really great time. I have
    never been to Pine Island but by the looks of it, it’s really a lot of fun and
    a cool place for a getaway. How can I visit this remarkable place? I may not be
    hunting for a new place to live in but the pressure at work is too much to
    handle and I could use a Pine Island getaway too. J

    ReplyDelete