Project Smile #2 (Part 1)

I must be quite candid. Life is definitely less than perfect. Between hub's new schedule leaving me a single mother for a while, the continuing short sale saga, all consuming soccer, aging bodily injuries, nightmarish parent conferences unveiling my new challenges ahead, and just normal life junk... it's a wonder I sleep at all. Then today I awoke to a disease ridden family, trying my patience at every turn. Sure didn't see that one coming. I'm one step away from cracking...

So, yes. Not perfect. However I am thankful for this challenge that keeps me focused on the smiles. They say laughter is the best medicine... and when you want to cry sometimes you have to smile. Tonight over dinner there was gut rolling, tears streaming- thank you for the release- kind of laughter. Not sure what was even said, but boy did that feel great. And in spite of this day that feels wrong on every level and just won't end, I'm ok. And I've even managed a couple smiles.

Due to the length of this Project Smile this month I decided to break it up into 2 chunks. So, if you aren't ready yet don't fret. There is still time. I will have the linky up Oct 31st and it will stay active for one week.

I do hope that you have been finding a few smiles in spite of all the hiccups and heartaches that you may encounter along the way.

For those of you who may have just happened upon my blog and have no idea what I'm talking about, you can read more about Project Smile here, here, or here. Basically, there are no rules. Just document the things that make you smile. I have a linky available the last day of every month (that runs for a week) where you can share your smiles with us.

Here is my Part 1 of Project Smile for October (1st-19th).
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Oh, and by the way. Just in case you were curious if it was the puking kids or just the Lish madness that gets my creative juices flowing, you can read about it over at Parenting By Dummies today. Dumb Mom is a jill of all trades. She goes by Dumb Mom, but is anything but. She just recently was handed the Wordless Wednesday torch and has made a seamless transition. She is a professional photographer, writer for a review blog, mom of some adorable boys, candid, and funny to boot. I was stoked when she asked little old me to write a blurb on her blog. And about none other than creative juices. Ha! Irony is the first word that comes to mind.

I'll be posting Project Smile Part 2 (Oct 20th-31st) on the 31st of the month. Stay tuned for the continuation to see how this month comes to a close.

Hope you are having a lovely week free of sickness and stress. And if so, could you send a few healthy vibes my way? Thanks a million. As always, nice of you to stop by.

12 comments

  1. You know how much I love your photos...and then put it with Project Smile and I'm all sorts of happy :)

    Mine is all ready to go! I think I'll post it on Monday so I can include a Halloween pic or two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Hope everyone feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a good month all around, even with the craziness!

    And anyone that can be in the kitchen cooking in a fancy dress and heeled boots is okay by me. I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are a lot of great things! And good luck getting back into the work groove!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way you put these together!!! Things not being perfect ... but finding the smile anyway ... that's what it's all about!

    I think the ghost pops were intimidated by your hotness that day!

    Hopefully I will find some creative time to get my words and photos in there! So ready for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am definitely looking forward to writing my Project Smile post, I have definitely had a hard week and need to look back at all the things this month that have made me smile!

    Thank you again for this AMAZING idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definetly some great moments in this list! I am sorry that it hasn't been a very easy for you, but finding the good even in the midst of all the chaos is really good for the mind and soul. I hope the rest of this week is a great one for you and the family! And that things start looking up for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! When did I miss the first one? I am going to join in. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love laughter, it's so contagious. I love when you can't seem to stop no matter how hard you try, it cheers you up and makes you feel so great inside. I hope things turn up for you soon. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Alicia
    Love the presentation of your Project Smile. I had to chuckle at your "Life is definitely less than perfect" statement. I just thought to myself OMG that is so true! And it's so easy to get sucked into all the less than perfect and miss the smiles than are right in front of us. Sometimes the little reminder of this project is exactly what I need :)

    I'll be back on the 30th to share my PSmile.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It has been a year of ups and downs for me too. Today has been up because it's my 49th birthday and Im getting extra help around the house and my mom is coming over to cook dinner. I decided I'm motivated to clean my room (what a mess it was!) while everyone else cleaned bathrooms, kitchen and floors. . Great photos and hoping the rest of the year and next goes more smoothly for you and your husband. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad I didn't wait for all these pictures to load on my dial-up connection because I'm sure I would have missed a few when the server timed out, and I wouldn't want to miss a single one. So sorry there seem to have been so many bumps along the way, though. You're doing so great at finding smiles where many of us would throw our arms up in the air.

    ReplyDelete