Making Beautiful Moments

Many weeks ago now...

before the gross limbo phase of winter was over
before my girl's trip to Las Vegas
before the lice nightmare
before we learned of our tax woes
before I found myself teetering on a ledge
before Japan's devastating blows
before we left on our SC bound road trip

I had a vision of starting a website for my photography. (Truth be told, I actually did start it, changed the name twice, crashed it, and then hired help...)

Unfortunately life happens. And although I would love to get this up and running, sometimes there are more important things than blogging or creating websites. GASP!

Things like eating cookies with your kids. Especially girl scout ones with words.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Going to the last Iowa basketball game of the season to witness an amazing victory against Purdue. You can see more pics here.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Spending family time at a shooting range on a dreary winter's day- learning how to shoot a gun.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Wearing your cowgirl hat to the Broncs and Bulls.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Doing a photoshoot of your sweet 9 year old. (More of this shoot to come later...)
Photobucket

And jumping over mud puddles. (If you missed the photo collage you can find it here.)
Photobucket

You see, if life has taught me nothing else over the last 38 years it has taught me that it is anything but perfect. But somehow in the midst of all the muck you can still have these beautiful moments. Nothing extraordinary. Just sweet, simple, beautiful moments that make you want to get up and do it all over again.

Don't fret over what was, or worry about what will be... just live in the here and now. And make it the best 5 minutes of your life. Who knows, those may be the last 5 minutes you get.

*All photos are property of Alicia Rasmussen and may not be copied or used without permission.*

15 comments

  1. Beautiful photos and sentiment - and thank you for making me tear up at work! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, sister. I actually told Rob something similar last week - instead of obsessing, which he was a bit...take a lesson from this disaster. We just assume that we're going to go through a day just like yesterday, and that tomorrow will be the same. It's not always that way. Evidently.

    Can I please elaborate for a moment on how fabulous you are? I mean, seriously - the coat and gloves at the shooting range? The cowboy hat? I am so envious, it's not even funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos! I especially like the black and white of the girl scout cookies. I feel completely the same. As soon as I started learning how to use the DSLR camera I haven't looked back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful moments in your life... messy and imperfect, but beautiful for the smiles shining through. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We just got "thrown a bunch of lemons" and my new blog is about these little moments... smallnsimplethings.blogspot.com

    I love your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love those cookie pictures and always wanted to go to a shooting range! Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What amazing shots!! I've been contemplating a cowboy hat and you've inspired to make the investment. Thanks.
    Have a blessed rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this post Alicia!
    Especially love that larger version of the puddle jumping pic, and you in the cowgirl hat! :)

    And if you haven't already had a name for you new photo website, wot about "beautiful moments"?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your photos are always so beautifully personal. Life looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Finding the extraordinary in the ordinary...it's the goal...and it's the treasure when you find it right?!
    Great thoughts and beautiful pics Lish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your post is beautiful! It's always nice to have a sweet reminder of what life is really all about! Thank you so much for your post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great Photos :) Love your leopard gloves...I have those, too xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww! Great photos. You look so cute in the cowgirl hat.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay, another Iowan blogging! Found your link on Kludgy Mom and I was HOOKED when I saw the family donning their Iowa t-shirts. Time to do some more browsing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this post, and the pictures! ~ So many fun and fulfilling things here. On my "bit about me" page there is a photo of me shooting at a range too! I haven't been in a few months, but it sure is fun!

    ReplyDelete